• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How long has it been since the Lions went as far as the league semis?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don’t have to worry about Garbage Goff bouncing back. That dude sucks.
QB is probably the most important position in team sports and also seems like the most difficult to evaluate right. All these can’t-miss prospects that are total busts. And you even have people like Goff and Wentz that actually look good early in their careers but then the wheels come off.

Makes me a little hibbeldy jibbeldy about Tua who’s another supposed “can’t miss” prospect. A sportswriter around here said that Jax should go see if the Texans would trade #1/Lawrence for Watson straight up and I think that would be a great idea. The Jags lose the QB-on-rookie-contract cheat code but gain certainty. The Texans get the best possible chance to replace an elite QB with another elite QB

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB is probably the most important position in team sports and also seems like the most difficult to evaluate right. All these can’t-miss prospects that are total busts. And you even have people like Goff and Wentz that actually look good early in their careers but then the wheels come off.

Makes me a little hibbeldy jibbeldy about Tua who’s another supposed “can’t miss” prospect. A sportswriter around here said that Jax should go see if the Texans would trade #1/Lawrence for Watson straight up and I think that would be a great idea. The Jags lose the QB-on-rookie-contract cheat code but gain certainty. The Texans get the best possible chance to replace an elite QB with another elite QB
Goff never looked good early. He had one good season when his team was stacked because he was on a rookie contract. Once he signed a 2nd deal that paid him **** tons of money and he sucked up huge portions of the cap, he started sucking again because his team wasn’t stacked anymore.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been boycotting the NFL since Barry Sanders retired in disgust (true story.) Sorry I forgot to speak 'Murican. When's the last time they made it to the divisional ship round?
1991 they won the divisional round and lost in the conference championship round.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goff never looked good early. He had one good season when his team was stacked because he was on a rookie contract. Once he signed a 2nd deal that paid him **** tons of money and he sucked up huge portions of the cap, he started sucking again because his team wasn’t stacked anymore.
Disagree that he never looked good early. He made the Pro Bowl twice and the Superb Owl once in three years. Yes, his team and coach helped him out greatly but I think it’s unfair to say he never showed promise

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1612114720161.png

You've been exposed, short bus.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree that he never looked good early. He made the Pro Bowl twice and the Superb Owl once in three years. Yes, his team and coach helped him out greatly but I think it’s unfair to say he never showed promise
Something like 10 QB’s every year go to pro bowl. No one gives a **** about the pro bowl.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something like 10 QB’s every year go to pro bowl. No one gives a **** about the pro bowl.
True...
But IF you're going to show up at that **** show, at least announce your presence with authority.
Stafford was MVP, and got a car or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads