• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Are you a white male?

White as the driven snow. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think that's a significant factor. I'm sure it doesn't help though.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Randy, I thought you were dead.
+1. I'd actually forgotten about you. Aren't you the student in Georgia that some of teh gheys on here obsess over?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
I'm leaving the country in July to mid august and my credity card expires in august. I call asking for a new card w/ a later expiration date and Bank of American can't do it because of the automated system apparently leaves them at it's mercy with no ability to change it. The sad thing is this same thing happened a few years ago with Bank of America.

call them back and request a new card. tell them its not swiping good anymore. I did this once (I do it every couple of months - dont ask, I am anal about having a nice looking card) and the one they sent me had a new expiry date and I wasnt all that close.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
White as the driven snow. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think that's a significant factor. I'm sure it doesn't help though.

+1. I'd actually forgotten about you. Aren't you the student in Georgia that some of teh gheys on here obsess over?

No, I am a student at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. The gays are indeed obsessed with me. I just haven't had much time for SF lately.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I am a student at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. The gays are indeed obsessed with me. I just haven't had much time for SF lately.
I didn't realize you and rach had gotten so serious.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
call them back and request a new card. tell them its not swiping good anymore. I did this once (I do it every couple of months - dont ask, I am anal about having a nice looking card) and the one they sent me had a new expiry date and I wasnt all that close.

The card account was flagged earlier this month and they sent me a new card in response (with the old expiration date). They also told me that any new card they sent out would also have this date, until the computer went ahead and generated a new one (when the old one was about the expire).

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
The card account was flagged earlier this month and they sent me a new card in response (with the old expiration date). They also told me that any new card they sent out would also have this date, until the computer went ahead and generated a new one (when the old one was about the expire).

ah that sucks. I guess you could ask them for a new account #. That should trigger a new expiration date you would think.....

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I bent my mortgage company, realtor, pretty much everyone over backwards to meet our pre-agreed upon closing date at great stress and 'favors' to me. We were supposed to close yesterday, and we are still waiting because the seller's bank isnt responding to the requests for the payoff amount. I want to stab someone with a rusty spoon right now.

and we still havent closed although we have the keys to the new place. Best I could describe it as seeing a chick (or given this site a dude) naked and knowing your not going to bang them. If we dont close by tomorrow at 5pm I think we are going to walk away. We have already shot our timing to hell and are going to have to pay another months rent at our old place.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I thought you were in CA. What happened with that?

Was unhappy, quit, moved back. And now, true to my word, it is the first and I am living in Chicago again.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Hunting for apartments without being able to see them in person sucks.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about potential roommates as I'm trying to get in on someone else's lease without signing anything. It's hard to interpret the weirdness and personality of people as they describe the quality of light and functionality of the kitchen. I don't want to live with some Jabroni or hipsters.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
squirrel in the house.
This would make me laugh, and the subsequent hunt for it would be fun I imagine...

I guess they arent enough of a pest around these parts
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StephenHero
Hunting for apartments without being able to see them in person sucks.

True.. I sucks big time..

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Chipped a tooth. Not sure how or even exactly when, but I am missing a little corner of a lower incisor. Discovered it yesterday afternoon. Now the edge is all sharp and I can't help but keep running a lip or finger over it with half curiosity and half annoyance.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many many many things. It isn't so much that they are pissing me off in as much as they are depressing me. I'm just not in a good state at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads