• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only beholden to the iPhone and iPad. No Mac for me.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will slightly overpay for Apple products, but I will submit that overpayment goes on account for probably the best customer service that exists.
When the princess was around 12, she had the basic MacBook laptop.
She was a bruiser with stuff, and it had a stuck key.
I also don't know how she did it, but the palm rest was cracked with a few holes.
We went to the Genius Bar over the key, I told her to look like an undernourished sad girl from Les Mis ( she was currently in the play )
The Genius looked it over, said "let's see what we can do", and came back later with the key fixed, and a brand new deck top to bottom on her laptop. No charge.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hopefully she was Cosette. Éponine would have pissed off the whole Genius Bar and gotten arrested for shoplifting on the way out

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That little exchange made me wonder if Les Misérables is still playing so I looked it up. I ended up on this cast page where this unfortunate woman and a few others are credited this way in the ensemble:

128D4845-D8E9-443E-9910-0F7781D14988.jpeg

I think this might be the page for the London show. I finally found the US tour homepage and they more tactfully refer to their supporting cast as “ensemble”. ?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You will slightly overpay for Apple products, but I will submit that overpayment goes on account for probably the best customer service that exists.
When the princess was around 12, she had the basic MacBook laptop.
She was a bruiser with stuff, and it had a stuck key.
I also don't know how she did it, but the palm rest was cracked with a few holes.
We went to the Genius Bar over the key, I told her to look like an undernourished sad girl from Les Mis ( she was currently in the play )
The Genius looked it over, said "let's see what we can do", and came back later with the key fixed, and a brand new deck top to bottom on her laptop. No charge.
My laptop has been stuck in a store that is temporarily closed for going on 3 months- they will not provide a loaner laptop either

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My laptop has been stuck in a store that is temporarily closed for going on 3 months- they will not provide a loaner laptop either
Lol...counter point:
My iPhone was stolen on the beach. The 11s were coming out in like a week and a half, but I couldn't be without a phone that long.
The Apple Store person said "buy a 7, when the 11 drops, come in and you'll get a full refund"

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol...counter point:
My iPhone was stolen on the beach. The 11s were coming out in like a week and a half, but I couldn't be without a phone that long.
The Apple Store person said "buy a 7, when the 11 drops, come in and you'll get a full refund"
It’s been 3 months :( They could have made a new one and walked to to me from the plant in China by now.

Last edited:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That little exchange made me wonder if Les Misérables is still playing so I looked it up. I ended up on this cast page where this unfortunate woman and a few others are credited this way in the ensemble:

View attachment 1458181

I think this might be the page for the London show. I finally found the US tour homepage and they more tactfully refer to their supporting cast as “ensemble”. ?
1600106143789.gif

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That little exchange made me wonder if Les Misérables is still playing so I looked it up.
That **** is like herpes- it's never going away. Never.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Just got word that one of my oldest friends died last night and I am ******* crushed. He survived liver cancer a few years ago but his liver just kept deteriorating. Watch your alcohol intake, folks.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn man. Sorry to hear that. I lost a friend to liver failure a year ago.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was a notorious problem on those plastic MacBooks. I had my top case (keyboard/trackpad/"palm rest") replaced twice under AppleCare in the time I had mine.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old friend was texting me yesterday night, obviously upset about some significant things personal and economic, but we kept it light and jokey as that's the kind of relationship we've always had. Tried to be encouraging but also called him on a few specifics where I thought he was being a drama queen. Today he told me he'd been sitting in his car in his garage at the time debating whether to gas himself and end it all. ******* freaked me out. Don't think he would go through with it as he's a very devoted father to his young kids, but had no clue he was taking that much strain. This is a tough time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads