• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a couple chinchillas growing up and they are super soft. All the chinchilla costs I’ve seen are only on the outside which doesn’t make sense as you want to touch the softness

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This being StyFo ...

That's so damn ugly.

How are they as pets?
He lives in my 10 year old's room, and she loves him. She will pull him out of his massive cage and she pulls him out so he can sit on her lap while she is in her hammock chair. She even made him a foam bed. Out of the cage he likes to run around. He doesn't lap sit like a dog or cat. They take baths in volcanic ash.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So more like a gerbil or a guinea pig, then?

My kid wants one, but she lacks the willpower to save up the money to buy it. I'm curious how much of a pain in the ass it will be to own if she ever gets her shit together.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My kid wants one, but she lacks the willpower to save up the money to buy it. I'm curious how much of a pain in the ass it will be to own if she ever gets her shit together.
Typically more skittish, way harder to catch, and way easier to injure than those pets.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My 10 year old does all the work. She cleans the cage once a week and it doesn't smell. She also has a gerbil that she takes care of. Naturally YMMV on kid actions. Here is the bespoke bed K4 made yesterday.

IMG_3934.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.