• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have no way of knowing what happened before he started recording. What you or I think happened is irrelevant and we have no reason to believe his version of events over hers.
you're right, we have no idea what happened.. except the part that was taped. Of that, there are no 'versions of events'

Given what we've seen, her actions are ridiculous, and dangerous (to both the man, and to her own dog).

FWIW, it looks like she surrendered the dog today.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
F0195148-30DB-4E21-B24D-682C3A153CD9.jpeg

There’s a good chance she’ll lose her job as well. She may face a criminal charge if she actually did report him to 911 falsely.

She threw her whole comfortable existence away to confront a black man who just wanted her to follow the rules.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Lebron "Monstars" are sold out in my size.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cooper later apologized for the incident in a phone interview with NBC New York.

“I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family,” she told the network. “It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended… everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do.”

Waaaaaaa!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She has been put on leave at work. I assume the apology is a condition of reinstatement. trying to save her job.
There you go.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just being hungover and really gloomy today but I just feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness/ennui/demotivation/I don't know over my world.

Even with a full plate today i feel: why bother?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just being hungover and really gloomy today but I just feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness/ennui/demotivation/I don't know over my world.

Even with a full plate today i feel: why bother?

Prolly that warm beer you drank!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Life is better now! :)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amy Cooper told CNN that she wanted to “publicly apologize to everyone” after she was caught on video Monday morning calling the cops on the man, who asked her to put a leash on her dog.

“I’m not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way,” she told the network.

She added, “[My] entire life is being destroyed right now.”

She later asked if someone could call her a waaaambulance.

(That last part was satire!)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You all need to figure out the real culprit is the person weaponizing his cell phone video function.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Christian Cooper, 57, is a former Marvel Comics editor and writer who now works as the senior biomedical editor at Health Science Communications. Christian Cooper is a birder and says he often watches birds in Central Park,
There is nothing scarier than a nearly 60 year old comics nerd watching birds in a public park. Oh, and it doesn't say so here, but he was wearing a bicycle helmet. Can you imagine how terrifying that must've been? I want to call the police just thinking about it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I still can't get over the way she was treating that poor dog. If she wants to make a real apology she should put on a dog collar and let The Mountain from GoT treat her like she did the dog.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.