• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We'd planned a trip to Italy for May, but by early February it was clear that was almost certainly a pipe dream.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs GF and I had planed to go to Japan in September. Then with the plague we thought that we could go back in the spring next year...then the Olympics came out and said they were staging the games in Spring...SNAFU
Last I saw they're working towards July-August 2021.

I was planning on going to the Olympics this summer. If rescheduled to the spring, that probably won't happen.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a safe bet. We've got a family trip scheduled in July (to Iceland) and I'm not even sure that's a good idea at this point.

EDIT: sorry...this was a response to pB.
EDITEDIT: WTF...it was a response to a post like two pages back. The forum glitched on me.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Accurate.

(Honestly though, I don't think the camps will survive a completely lost year and they are both family-run labors of love -- with 100+ years of collective history. It makes me sad.)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That court order kinda forced your hand.
Thankfully for me, this is one instance where there's synchronicity with my wishes and the collective wisdom of womanhood.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know it doesn't matter and i know there's many people going through worse but I am bummed that i don't think anything will be back to normal by my birthday.

Im going to have to basically raze trader vics once we're allowed out again in comeuppance

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.