• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lubbock is less terrible to visit than you might think.

And for really awful places, you go to east Texas, not west. Places like Beaumont, Jasper, and Kountze.
One of the things everyone said about Caro's LBJ books is no one had or has captured the misery of Texas Hill Country. And I gotta say those 150ish pages and any codas afterward were utterly depressing. Probably much like life there, it was hard to keep going through it all. So I vote the Texas Hill Country, too.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And for really awful places, you go to east Texas, not west. Places like Beaumont, Jasper, and Kountze.
So true. West Texas is less depressing than East Texas. while Lubbock isn't some urban hot spot, it still isn't a **** hole like Beaumont, Jasper, Kountze, or Orange. Lubbock at least has a university to watch sporting events. Those other places have nothing.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these Texas towns have great BBQ, right? That's gotta count for something.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the things everyone said about Caro's LBJ books is no one had or has captured the misery of Texas Hill Country. And I gotta say those 150ish pages and any codas afterward were utterly depressing. Probably much like life there, it was hard to keep going through it all. So I vote the Texas Hill Country, too.
The Hill Country may have been poor and miserable in LBJ's day, but now it's where all the Dallas and Houston folks with money go to retire. Places like Fredericksburg, Marble Falls, and Bandera are actually rather nice towns now- quaint, historic buildings, coffee shops, antique stores, wineries, etc. Even LBJ's own Johnson City is no worse than the average small town. The Hill Country is really the only pretty part of the state, relatively speaking. So it's got that going for it, which is nice.

How is that pronounced?
**** hōl

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So it's got that going for it, which is nice.

Bruh. I literally came to use that line for the antecedent anecdote: I am getting LinkedIn going more because so much of what I do is reliant on my networks and all my friends have accepted my LinkedIn Connection requests....

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was something about them bricking certain speakers on purpose via their app. If you do that via the app, they give you credit to buy new speakers.
All I got was a 30% discount for their new speaker that has Alexa. I want nothing to do with Alexa - I don’t trust that *****

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
she is judging you.
and taking notes.
I use it to play Tchaikovsky and Bach during class. but unplug it when casual talking.
opinions are currency.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true. West Texas is less depressing than East Texas. while Lubbock isn't some urban hot spot, it still isn't a **** hole like Beaumont, Jasper, Kountze, or Orange. Lubbock at least has a university to watch sporting events. Those other places have nothing.
Chemical Alley

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
last whiskey of the day washing down 2 sleeping pills. epic drunk post incoming.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When I was a freshman, I hooked up with a prospective student from Lubbock. She seemed nice.

Needless to say...she ended up going to a different university.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics