• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The Bay is busting at the seams but the 405 is like a whole other dimension of traffic. You get on and enter the Twilight Zone. Years may go by before you reach your exit, and everyone has forgotten you even exist by the time you get to your destination.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want autopilot for traffic so I can play angry birds instead of dealing with assholes.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've gone whale watching out of Newport Beach several times instead of going to the islands, but I'd love to do a SCUBA trip there sometime. I think @SixOhNine mentioned that he's done that.
Not me; I can't scuba and I've never been to those islands.

Sounds cool, tho.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey I’m in SoCal too at the mo. Newport Beach is really nice today, and South Coast Plaza gots some nice sales

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bay is busting at the seams but the 405 is like a whole other dimension of traffic. You get on and enter the Twilight Zone. Years may go by before you reach your exit, and everyone has forgotten you even exist by the time you get to your destination.
Is that what they're driving on at the beginning of Office Space?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been able to avoid 405 so far, but i do notice that on 91 there are express lanes reserved for the ballers. I didn’t notice how much the tolls were for these lanes, but judging from the traffic in the pleb lanes, the state could charge $50 per use and people would still pay it

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can confirm that 101 blows. My worst memory of traffic though was living in DC years ago -- I-66 and The Beltway. Fuuuuuck.
DC pisses me off because I was in the pay lane, which when I entered was like $6, but while in it there was an accident causing the normal lanes to grind to a halt. The price they actually charged me was $40.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that what they're driving on at the beginning of Office Space?
I don't think so- the movie was filmed in and around Austin, so they probably shot that there. Plenty of shitty traffic to choose from (especially I-35), even back in the late 90s.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DC pisses me off because I was in the pay lane, which when I entered was like $6, but while in it there was an accident causing the normal lanes to grind to a halt. The price they actually charged me was $40.
Huh. Who knew you'd hate the free market in action?

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Huh. Who knew you'd hate the free market in action?
They broke the contract with me. I entered the lane for an agreed upon price of $6. Just because the market rate went up, doesn't mean they can charge me the updated market rate after the fact.

If I buy a call option on a stock, and it dramatically goes up in price, the seller can't not sell me the stock at the strike price.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh. Sure, the 405 sucks ass sometimes. But at least I always have surface street alternatives. If I'm stuck in limbo trying to get from San Francisco to Oakland, it's not like I can say, "Fuck it, I'm getting off the bridge and trying a different route."

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At a Vegas bachelor party weekend years ago, a similar thing happened to one of the attendees at a brothel.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rate went up during sex? You He must have been really bad at it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People never tell you the whole story when it comes to these things. Most likely he tried to put it in the butt, which has a completely different fee schedule.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40