Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

^They probably owe too much, MrG.
    And can't come up with the cash to pay off the note.

That's my fear, though they've been in the house for 10 years, so it would probably be a second that's the issue. To be honest, it's not so much the owners that have me aggravated, it's the agent who appears to be playing games. The listing agent is a part-timer who sells houses after work, so she's not exactly A-quality. Even my agent was surprised at the counter, and she's made a few comments about how the listing agent seems to have some odd approaches.

Yes. Been filling, hauling and throwing sandbags all week. (Tough on an old man's body.) It seems all the dikes are in place and to height, so now we just wait. We're supposed to crest Sunday, about 3-feet lower than last year's record level. While the flooding is classified as "major" or severe, we appear to be as well-prepared as we can be. If NOAA's crest predictions are right, we'll be okay.

Several of you have pm'd me with good wishes; thank you all, for your thoughts.

Yikes. I haven't been on much in the last couple of days, and I didnt realize you were potentially in harm's way. Best of luck - I hope you and yours can stay dry.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Did Conne hack your user account?

No. [​IMG]

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I managed to get by four years of college without presenting in front of the class yet I have one scheduled for next Tuesday. [​IMG]

4. toffeenkoko

toffeenkoko Active Member

send her a thank you note. she is doing you a favor.

sorry if this sounds stupid, but what favor do you mean? [​IMG]

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

L'esprit de l'escalier.

When I walked out of my place this morning I saw a man standing on the sidewalk, holding a leash. At the other end of the leash was a large brown dog, squatting in the corner of the yard where I often step in dog shit. "Yo," I said, "Pick that shit up." Being very literal.
    "What, with my hand?" he sneered, holding up his hand as if it were completely useless.
    "Yeah. Next time bring a goddamn bag."
    He did the sort of half shrug, half-hearted middle finger I used to give teachers after they turned around to walk away after a lecture. Then he kept walking, leaving the gift behind.

(1) I've become the "Get off my lawn" guy and I angered a hooligan who now knows where I live and when I leave.
    (2) I DEFINITELY should have said "No, with your mouth." Or, were I feeling Tarantinish, "No, with your f***in' c**t." I'm sure that would have led to good things.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Also, I have reservations at Volt tonight. Got a call last night that they had a cancellation at the chef's table, 21-course type thing, did I want it? I said hell yes. But then I found out that Mr. Voltaggio is out of town and won't be there.

(1) I'm a little peeved that I'm going to a celeb-chef-driven restaurant on a Friday night and the chef won't be there
    (2) I'm a little disappointed in myself for feeling that way, because
    (a) Dude can't be there every night, realistically
    (b) Was taking a chance on that anyway since you have to make reservations months in
    advance--it's not like I can cancel and go next weekend
    (c) Jaded food types would roll their eyes at me for going to see that guy from the TV anyway
    (3) I'm a little mad at the restaurant for upselling me on the chef's table without telling me Voltaggio wasn't going to be there, clearly capitalizing on
    (a) The likelihood I'd take it, driven at least partially by celebrity chef' assumed presence
    (b) The presumed politeness/snobbery on my part that would discourage me from asking
    whether the chef would be there before I commit to the table

Whatever, I'm sure it will be really good, but I'm no voxasartoria and this is a significant expense, so I can't help but feel a little gypped.

I REALIZE THESE ARE FIRST-WORLD PROBLEMS.

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

Also, I have reservations at Volt tonight. Got a call last night that they had a cancellation at the chef's table, 21-course type thing, did I want it? I said hell yes. But then I found out that Mr. Voltaggio is out of town and won't be there.

(1) I'm a little peeved that I'm going to a celeb-chef-driven restaurant on a Friday night and the chef won't be there
    (b) Was taking a chance on that anyway since you have to make reservations months in
    (c) Jaded food types would roll their eyes at me for going to see that guy from the TV anyway
    (3) I'm a little mad at the restaurant for upselling me on the chef's table without telling me Voltaggio wasn't going to be there, clearly capitalizing on
    (a) The likelihood I'd take it, driven at least partially by celebrity chef' assumed presence
    (b) The presumed politeness/snobbery on my part that would discourage me from asking

Whatever, I'm sure it will be really good, but I'm no voxasartoria and this is a significant expense, so I can't help but feel a little gypped.

I am feeling for you on this one. It would peeve me as well.

8. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

Boring jokes and stories of people who think that they are funny piss me really off .. [​IMG]

So do people who do that in turn, just to be funny.[​IMG]

Oh wait...shit!

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I would have been pissed at this, too.

10. philou

philou New Member

...that i got into a fight st-patricks-eve and lost it...

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

It's the wrong side of 5:00 on Friday for me to still be in the office.

12. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I am very pissed that every bookstore I go to lacks books from older French Writers and Poets. Nor can I find a book of Federico Garcia Lorca. Alas I must continue ordering from amazon.

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I am very pissed that every bookstore I go to lacks books from older French Writers and Poets. Nor can I find a book of Federico Garcia Lorca. Alas I must continue ordering from amazon.

same for me, except you must substitute bookstore with clothing stores and french writers with Dior, Thom Browne and Margiela.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

same for me, except you must substitute bookstore with clothing stores and french writers with Dior, Thom Browne and Margiela.
    I thought you were like..poor.

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I thought you were like..poor.

I am.