• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking the real questions.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL @ self-handjobs

brokencycle

Reaction score
Amazon required me to re-download all my music on my playlist for new "feature enhancements." Out of 10 hours music, none is available anymore, so I now have zero music on my phone as I board for a cross country flight.

Thanks Amazon.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, PayByPhone (parking app) just did the exact same thing to me in an extremely inconvenient parking situation involving rain and packages. They wiped all my stored vehicle and payment information in a previous update without my knowing, so a one-touch thing became a two-minute re-signing up

So I left them a one star review on the App Store in retaliation

brokencycle

Reaction score
Hey, ParkMobile just did the exact same thing to me in an extremely inconvenient parking situation involving rain and packages. They wiped all my stored vehicle and payment information in a previous update without my knowing.

So I left them a one star review on the App Store in retaliation
That will teach them.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jerry Garcia:
My model for playing is based on the psychedelic experience, also. When I go on stage what am I trying to accomplish? Okay, here's the story...

We were playing at the old Filmore in the middle-late sixties along with the Flaming Groovies. Some of the bands that were happening back at that the time.

This guy who was sort of a famous freak who ran around the scene in those days, comes in and he has this big birthday cake. He's got this huge, big birthday cake. And I think "that things gotta be dosed. I know it's dosed."

I'm looking at it and looking at it, and looking at it. But it looks good! I'll just take a little of the frosting here. I'll just take a little snack. So I took this and then someone comes in and says,"Yeah we put about 800 hits of acid in that frosting."

And I go, "D'oh, ohhhhh God, oh Jesus Christ I'm going to be totally wiped out."

By this time I didn't enjoy playing under the influence of psychedelics because I didn't have the freedom to quit when I wanted to. It's not really fun to play when you don't have options. It wasn't something I was looking forward to.

And it keeps getting later, and later, and later, and I'm coming on. The place is swimming and I start to hear the overhear of people. And I'm going off in this paranoid space. God, this place is full of mafia guys and they're all trying to kill me. I got that notion in my head. This guy comes in and he looks exactly like a mafia guy. And he says, "here you want something to drink?"

And I thought, "poison! No, no, no, no thanks.

I'm waiting there, thinking, ****, this is my last night on earth. It's like everyone is armed to their teeth and they're all trying to kill me.

****, this is it. I'm convinced of this now... Still in this psychedelic roar. So we go out on stage to go and play and I go out there and play and thought, oh, Jesus, what have I done to deserve this? I'm going to go out there and play and they're going to ******* kill me.

The only thing I can think of to do, I say, okay, I'm juat gonna play for my life. I'm going to play for my life, that's what I am going to do. And so I played for my life and they let me live! Haha

Ever since then I thought that works for me, is to play for my life. So when I forget what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, I play for my life.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amazon required me to re-download all my music on my playlist for new "feature enhancements." Out of 10 hours music, none is available anymore, so I now have zero music on my phone as I board for a cross country flight.

Thanks Amazon.
what's wrong with spotify

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Amazon.
Pleb. Hire a mariachi band to follow you around serenading you with music. Include airfare.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Left my home in Norfolk Virginia
California on my mind

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm looking California
And feeling Minnesota

So now you know, who gets mystified.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads