• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a lotta people wanna talk a lotta shit about KISS and how they aren't the greatest (you can't just call yourself the HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD if it's fake you know) but like, The Who is coming to town on Wednesday and there's a lot more tix for a lot cheaper for them than KISS.
I don't think nursing homes allow night trips on weekdays. That probably cuts into The Who's fan base something fierce.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
When 50% of the band is dead is it really still the band?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dooooooon't cryyyyyyy....its oooooonlyyyyyy exbandmate wastelaaaaaaaand

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blink 182 is only missing 33% of the band and even though they are doing a straight play-through of "Enema of the State" (sup @patrickBOOTH ) tomorrow night, I'm not bothering to go see them.

Of course, it is much harder when the person you've lost is a vocalist with a fairly distinctive voice. Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey are still there...so I'd say it still counts.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't go see their Enema play either. To me now they are just a really good cover band. Also the new material they have put out is all kinds of horrible.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Agreed that lead vocalist get out-sized weighting in this equation but then you've got outliers like Van Halen and Journey (for different reasons.)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ITS VAN HALEN NOT VAN HAGAR!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Good thing at least Eddie's still there!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Blink 182 is only missing 33% of the band and even though they are doing a straight play-through of "Enema of the State" (sup @patrickBOOTH ) tomorrow night, I'm not bothering to go see them.

Of course, it is much harder when the person you've lost is a vocalist with a fairly distinctive voice. Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey are still there...so I'd say it still counts.
I saw them for the first time on their last (?) tour a couple of years ago, although it's starting to sound like they're just continuously touring.

It was a solid show. Roger's voice is definitely the worse for wear, and they're not exactly jumping off of amps, but they can still crank 'em out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
One of the old time bands I want to see one more time is Styx. I also like the fact that Deyounge's replacement is a Scottish Canadian of minor fame in Canada from the 80s, Larry Gowan.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to see Clapton at the new Chase Center last night. Not since Cream but a solid show. A lot less hair, a lot less acid and a lot more people. Strats and the blues.:cool: Carlos Santana on the encore.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Went to see Clapton at the new Chase Center last night. Not since Cream but a solid show. A lot less hair, a lot less acid and a lot more people. Strats and the blues.:cool:
I saw him in PDX in 1989. I sat in the nosebleeds right near a massive speaker stack, which I mention because my ears are still ringing from that show.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm still happy I got to see Rush on their last tour and with great seats. I know there's not a lot of Rush love on Sty-Fo but when/where I grew up it was at the DNA level.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.