1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Election Day on Facebook. They're all assholes, you're all assholes.

We aren't FB friends and you knew my status update [​IMG]

2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

Have an old 1920's white gold pocket watch that I keep around. Had it serviced a few years ago, was running great. Hadn't wound it in a while and began thinking that I should do so to keep the lubrication from congealing, etc.

Wound it this morning and stuck it in the waistband watch pocket of my trousers. Pulled it out and checked the time at lunch...all seems well, keeping good time. Had trouble getting it back into the waistband watch pocket, so I just stuck it back in my hip pocket.

Pulled it back out after lunch. It's stopped at the same time it was on before lunch. [​IMG] Forgot that I carry a magnetic money clip in that pocket. I've now magentized the hairspring which will require a trip to the watchmaker to fix. [​IMG]

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Just ate a cinnamon bun #fat

4. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    I tested a recipe for some blondies at home today because I needed to be sure the recipe would work for our clients and I KNEW I was going to leave them in the oven too long.

Welp...I was writing an email and forgot to check the time and while tasty, they're a little dry and I need to bake them again. Probably 3min too long. Grrr

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Election Day on Facebook. They're all assholes, you're all assholes.

Haha. I've been a good boy and refrained from posting obnoxious comments to obnoxious status updates.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I can't find the pocket watch my parents gave me for a graduation gift.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I have one bad sprinkler valve in my front yard, and to get all the parts for it took two trips and a phone call, all the the same distributor. I also had to show them that they did, in fact have the part they told me they didn't have, and point them out to the web page that showed it. Once I cleared that hurdle it was smooth sailing. Now I just have to rebuild the valve (which ought not be all that hard).

8. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

I hate going onto clothing designers web sites. Every single one of them has some text-heavy flash graphics introduction that takes forever to download onto my computer. I always just have to skip these beautiful introductions (not that I want to see them anyhow).

Then, when I get through the introduction, I can't find anything on their site anyhow because it is completely mixed up and confusing.

These sites seem like they were intended to be "works of art" but they are completely impractical for a potential customer who is actually trying to find out information about the products.

9. CouttsClient

I hate going onto clothing designers web sites. Every single one of them has some text-heavy flash graphics introduction that takes forever to download onto my computer. I always just have to skip these beautiful introductions (not that I want to see them anyhow).

Then, when I get through the introduction, I can't find anything on their site anyhow because it is completely mixed up and confusing.

These sites seem like they were intended to be "works of art" but they are completely impractical for a potential customer who is actually trying to find out information about the products.

I agree. I was awake last night and I tried to do some shopping but got frustrated with the bloated websites. I also wish these companies would put their entire catalog available for purchase online

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

something comes up and I have to fly to saudi arabia for the weekend - leaving friday evening, returning monday morning. fuck

11. CouttsClient

something comes up and I have to fly to saudi arabia for the weekend - leaving friday evening, returning monday morning. fuck
    Holy hell

12. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Monday morning, a taxi driver passes me on my left as I make a left turn. I stall out, then drive up next to him and get out. He rolls down his window, then tries to get out of the cab but I put my hand down on his door lock to keep him inside because I don't want a full on brawl, I just want to yell at him. He punches me in the face through the window, I retaliate and punch him back in the face through the window...and then we realize we don't want to actually escalate and we drive our separate ways.

Fucking cabbies.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Zach, you have the most amazing job in the world. Safe travels, friend.

Monday morning, a taxi driver passes me on my left as I make a left turn. I stall out, then drive up next to him and get out. He rolls down his window, then tries to get out of the cab but I put my hand down on his door lock to keep him inside because I don't want a full on brawl, I just want to yell at him. He punches me in the face through the window, I retaliate and punch him back in the face through the window...and then we realize we don't want to actually escalate and we drive our separate ways.

Fucking cabbies.

So we can put you down as a "no" under the Random Acts of Kindness column?

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

(which ought not be all that hard).

you DO realize that all epic fails start with this quip, right?

15. Da Luis Vuitton Don

Da Luis Vuitton Don Senior member

wut iz aye "quip" [​IMG]

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

wut iz aye "quip" [​IMG]

a spur of the moment observation or remark

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sure do. By way of update, I picked up said wrench yesterday to realize that it's one I have to assemble myself, and for that I'll need some PVC pipe and pipe cement. I have both, lots of both actually, but AS IT TURNS OUT I don't have the right size of pipe. I have oodles of 1" and 1 1/4" pipe, but this wrench assembly needs 3/4". faaaaaaack.

18. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I dunno if this is really "pissing me off" but I don't know where else to put this.

Setup: My brother is a huuuuuuge flake and my wife and I are always joking about it. Whenever we invite him to anything he absolutely refuses to commit, ever. "Mayhaps, mayhaps. I'd love to, but I'm going to have to check." He often shows, and it's great, and I love my bro and his GF (who is also a huuuuuge flake) and we have fun. But we've just learned that any invite to him is a tentative one and we may or may not be rewarded by their presence, or it may be just one of them, or they may be late, or they may be early and can't stay, or maybe they'll spend the night, or maybe they'll be accompanied by a friend (or friends). They're both earnest, they want to come, but I guess they're just young, there's a lot going on, they hate to say no to anyone, and they're also just both artists and horrifically disorganized. It's all good, even though it's so predictable now that it's a punchline around our house, and even though it's occasionally infuriating.

OK, here it is - we invited them to a little gathering this Friday, and also to an early Thanksgiving we're hosting in a few weeks. After 3 days of no reply, this is the response we get from the GF. I am noting this down as the flakiest, most non-committal e-mail of all time:

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

19. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

D^ that is so fucking familiar, sounds like my fucking sister.

20. Alter

Alter Senior member

D^ that is so fucking familiar, sounds like my fucking sister.

Sounds like some of my subordinates at work [​IMG] .