• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm really curious about your Chapel Hill hate. You're not an NC State grad that hates the better school are you?
Wake Forest.

Also I have a friend whose family is like, century-long pecan farmer and their family has a hybrid of both pronunciations

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are myriad ways to identify oneself as an ill informed outsider in the south. Mispronouncing pecan is a primary one.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trying to imagine why i would pee in a can rather than off the side of the boat, i guess so i can accidentally sip it later?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Southwest has basically gotten to the point where they are just a normal airline with "good seat" fees instead of checked bag fees.

Even with an on-time checkin, seems like you never get a low number. Everyone either has status or pays for Early Bird. I just checked in now as early as possible--clicking the link repeatedly until it goes through--and got B59.

Early bird fees are 15-25 each way. The "free" checked bags are nice, but given how often I want to check bags vs how often I want a non-shitty seat (always), I'd rather just fly a normal airline and pay the $30 when needed.

They don't even give you priority status with their credit card. I have the basic United card and that waives checked bag fees on every flight. My GF booked this with her southwest card and they don't give you shit besides extra points.

Their only redeeming quality at this point seems to be that they still let you cancel flights without onerous penalties.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Southwest has basically gotten to the point where they are just a normal airline with "good seat" fees instead of checked bag fees.

Even with an on-time checkin, seems like you never get a low number. Everyone either has status or pays for Early Bird. I just checked in now as early as possible--clicking the link repeatedly until it goes through--and got B59.

Early bird fees are 15-25 each way. The "free" checked bags are nice, but given how often I want to check bags vs how often I want a non-shitty seat (always), I'd rather just fly a normal airline and pay the $30 when needed.

They don't even give you priority status with their credit card. I have the basic United card and that waives checked bag fees on every flight. My GF booked this with her southwest card and they don't give you shit besides extra points.

Their only redeeming quality at this point seems to be that they still let you cancel flights without onerous penalties.
Except those points can get you free unlimited companion tickets. My wife did one of the card sign up bonuses, and for 18 months, I was able to fly with her for free.

The only time I've gotten truly crappy seats is when I didn't check in until late.

I just flew American where they kicked me from my mediocre seats to shitty middle seats for no apparent reason.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I suspect I am also a victim of connecting passengers here.

Connections get to check in as of their first leg...and since southwest doesn't do many long-hauls and this is a flight to the bay area, there are probably a lot of passengers coming from the east coast who got to check in a couple of hours early.

Of course, if they also have status or pay for early bird, that just means I will end up behind them even if I pay up...I'd get to check in 36 hours early, but they'd be checking in 2 hours before that.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.