• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ugh. A total of about two hours yard/maintenance work, cardio and weights, and just spent an hour in the kitchen. I hate when my lats start to ache as I'm trying to dice ****.

Silver lining: Kenji's oven roasted potatoes are as awesome as billed.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After all this talk about zen driving, I almost got side swiped twice today. Once by a guy who can't figure out dual left turn lanes (he tried to turn into the right hand lane from the left hand turn lane); once by a guy in a giant black SUV who tried changing lanes in an intersection. My horn got a nice workout.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turning left off the closest main street onto the street I live is not only a dual left but merges immediately into a single lane.Within this merge section the first two driveways are the entrance and exits to the US Post Office Fun and games ensue.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
Like Tex-Mex food itself, this article sucks.

tenor.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After all this talk about zen driving, I almost got side swiped twice today. Once by a guy who can't figure out dual left turn lanes (he tried to turn into the right hand lane from the left hand turn lane)
In Florida the chances of this occurring are approximately 91.2%. I just expect and plan for people being ******* morons in this situation, and never turn side by side with anyone.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
In Florida the chances of this occurring are approximately 91.2%. I just expect and plan for people being ******* morons in this situation, and never turn side by side with anyone.
Not even edina?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My bass needs a setup bad. Very buzzy, but I expected to get it setup anyway because I prefer heavier strings than most. Because I am me and I love futzing I ordered a bridge, new pickups, and wiring harness to make it aww yeahhh.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What bridge and pups?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got the same bridge as you, not so much for the material, but dialing in the intonation and sturdiness. I can't believe how bad the stock one is. It looks like I could tear it off with my hands and the saddles are wobbly.

I ordered Lindy Fralin Jazz bass pickups overwound 5%

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So my company hasn't really adopted a flexible "work from home" program company wide for a lot of reasons, however certain boss's will allow their employees to work one day a week from home based on the individual needs of the group. I have personally never been a fan of working from home because a lot of things in my group is very ad hoc, getting pulled into executive meetings last minute and also because of connectivity issues getting on company servers and working from slow interfaces and such. Also, I actually like socially being at work. Anyway, there is a new employee in my group who has decided to do the work from home once per week and it illuminates the problem I have with people doing it. They aren't privy to a lot of what goes on on an ad hoc basis and there is always a needless delay between sending them things, getting them up to speed and also getting things back from them. I could be wrong here, but I feel the only way "working from home" can work is if everybody does it. If everybody is working from home there's nobody really falling behind and the downsides are shared by all of the employees, not the rest of the group when one person is doing it. That said, even if everybody was doing it I can't see how it would be beneficial overall from a communications standpoint, or systems (logging into servers and such).

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to a hot yoga class a couple times a week.They have this position you do called triangle . Basically you spread your feet, bend forward keeping your back straight,reach out and grab and pull on your feet while looking backwards through your legs. Today while doing this I noticed this young woman behind me place the top of her head in her hands and lift her legs off the floor 90 degrees. She then folded her legs into a lotus position all while standing on her head. Now if this seems impressive ,when we returned to standing I looked over and noticed she was like 10 months pregnant. WTF!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads