1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

Eesh, what happened? (Maybe they were intimidated by that Maybach of Car)

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

Somebody backed into my car in the parking lot today. Luckily it was bumper-to-bumper with no noticeable damage.

A few weeks ago I got into a friendly argument with someone about backing into parking spots. (He was against it, saying it held up the people behind you.) I was doing it for a while (got a sub compact & can't see around the douchemobiles), but I got lazy. Time to start again.

(Full story for the armchair insurance adjusters: I backed out fully into the lane and shifted into D. Someone a few spots front of me was backing out, too, so I had to wait for them before I could go forward. The person across the lane from me backed out into my rear bumper when I was totally stopped.)

3. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

Recently I was in a lot with the cars parked tail to tail. As I started back ,about half way out I noticed the back up lights come on a car across. I stopped and waited to see what was gonna happen and this guy rams into me. His wife, the passenger, jumps out and starts yelling at me insisting it was my fault. I gave him my info but declined his as there was no damage to my truck and as I left she was still yelling at me. Well I never heard anything from my insurance about it so I assume the driver corrected his wife as to what actually happened.

4. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

5. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Distinguished Member

hotel iron mineral/rust stains on shirt :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

i usually check on a towel first but the iron looked so clean and new. i think canada has lulled me into false complacency already

6. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

I have to mulch my front flower beds. Fuuuuucccccckkkk.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Watching "The Widow" and I'm very hibbeldy jibbeldy. It's pretty clear Kate Beckinsale has had her lips done. That never, ever works out for the best.

8. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

My printer's power supply is shot and I've got shit I want to print.

It's a pretty good workgroup-class laser printer that has served me well since about 2007. Overkill for home use, but bought it in college to share with 5 people...but it has always been nice to have "office grade" hardware.

Old enough that it is probably not really worth fixing, but there is a working one on ebay for like $40 shipped that needs new toner and photoconductor (which together can easily be over $100). My printer has perfectly good ones so a simple swap should result in a fully working printer.

On the other hand, consumer laser printers have gotten pretty cheap and good and now include features that used to only be available on business printers (networking, auto 2-sided printing). Home color laser printers have also come down in price...I don't really need color, but the wirecutter #1 pick is only $250

Of course it comes with "starter" toner that will run out fast...

9. Piobaire

About two years ago we bought an office hub style colour laser from Dell. Best thing ever and really comes in handy when I work from home.

10. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Screw it, I ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Mono...+2395&qid=1552761948&s=office-products&sr=1-3

I really don't need color...more shit to break. I can make all the color laser prints I want at the office and decent photo prints from the walgreens down the block or actually good photo prints from Costco.

Only $5 more than the wirecutter #1 pick for B&W laser...and is basically the #1 with a scanner bolted onto the top. I barely ever use my current standalone scanner, but for $5 I can get rid of it.

11. Piobaire

You're being too cheap. Even if you don't need colour an auto-feed scanner/copier is awesome to have.

12. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Eh, that's what the wirecutter people say too.

But this one fits in my printer spot and I don't have to reorganize anything.

I also probably haven't used my home scanner in 2+ years, so I'm not particularly concerned. The auto feeder version is another $80. Even at work where I have one steps away from my office, I have probably used the auto-feed functions once or twice in the past year. I know I scanned about 10 pages back in October.

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

You can get a laser printer for $100 now? Damn. I've been nursing along an old inkjet for years. When I run out of cartridges I'm buying a laser.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

Lasers! Eight o’clock, day one!

15. jcman311

jcman311 Distinguished Member

Scanners? Shit, dropbox and phone camera ftw! Well, as long as I don't need to scan a book or something.