1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Kids wearing American Eagle, Hollister, Ambercrombie, Ambercrombie & Fitch, and Aeropostale.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

i have the shits something fierce today. ate a brick oven pizza last night called "the spicy latino." guess i was sort of asking for it.

You might want to think about retracting this racist comment.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Don't worry, I have already reported him to La Raza.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I've also forwarded his post to la leche league, all of our bases are covered.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Went to bathroom at museum. Two stalls. I go to stall #1. The lock won't lock, but merely pins door closed until a slight breeze forces it open. Fuck that. I need security. So I go to stall #2. Someone left a present inside. So I go back to stall #1 hoping nobody else comes inside. The stall walls go to the floor so you can't see anyone's feet. Then I start my business and contestant #2 walks in. He chooses stall #2 and doesn't like the prize so he groans loudly and slams the door shut in frustration. That undoes the lock on my stall and the door comes slightly ajar. Contestant #2 then slams my door open not knowing I'm inside with my pants at my ankles. So then he sees me, goes "Oh fuck, sorry dude" and leaves........without closing the door. So I have to stand up in the middle of my work and wobble over to the door to close it because I can't reach it from the toilet.

Can someone with MS Paint talent turn this into a fuuuuuuuuu please ? [​IMG]

6. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

just found out my mom has brain cancer. Glioblastoma. She'll probably only be around another year or so. She's 65. I don't know what to do.
    Practically: As has been said; spend and enjoy as much time with her as you can. For the rest; it will be a difficult time, but I also have many fond memories of my mothers last year. Good luck.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

^ Your avatar is freaking me out [​IMG]

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

It's funny because even as I ordered it I was uncomfortable. We had decided on it and I closed the menu and when it came my turn to order I couldn't remember/couldn't believe it would actually be called "The Spicy Latino" so I sort of mumbled it and the waiter asked again, so I opened the menu up to check again and there it was.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I've also forwarded his post to la leche league, all of our bases are covered.

I also have forwarded it to MECHA and Coalición de Derechos Humanos.

10. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Whatever punishments they might have in store cannot possibly be as bad as what I am experiencing right this minute.

* Posted from the toilet

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Whatever punishments they might have in store cannot possibly be as bad as what I am experiencing right this minute.

* Posted from the toilet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

^ Your avatar is freaking me out [​IMG]

Yes, It's rather annoying (as well). I mostly created it as illustration for this post. At the moment I plan on changing it sooner rather than later.

Untill then; sorry[​IMG]

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I had to do some dense reading tonight and I was without a computer so I had to look up words in an actual dictionary. [​IMG] Takes forever. One of those small reminders that Google makes life easier.

14. iwychewy

iwychewy New Member

trying to pm someone on here about buying a HP+ jacket but I need two posts to do it!

(one down)

15. iwychewy

iwychewy New Member

(sorry. couldn't think of where else I wanted to post just now.. so number two!)

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Charity dinner tonight, which is bad enough, but it shall be "kosher style." This means it shall be shitty fish, done in a shitty fashion, with shitty sides.

17. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

Charity dinner tonight, which is bad enough, but it shall be "kosher style." This means it shall be shitty fish, done in a shitty fashion, with shitty sides.

Racist![​IMG]

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Racist![​IMG]

You know I'm not a religious person, but this type of religious posturing really burns my ass. Something either is or is not kosher. If it was really kosher, we could have a decent dinner.

19. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

You know I'm not a religious person, but this type of religious posturing really burns my ass. Something either is or is not kosher. If it was really kosher, we could have a decent dinner.
    I mostly agree, although to the extent that "kosher" means many different things to many different kinds of Jews across the whole spectrum of religiosity, "kosher-style" is really just another way of saying "kosher according to X group's standards." There is, of course, an implicit acknowledgment that it's not really kosher. But, I know a lot of people who don't "really" keep kosher, but who won't eat pork, shellfish, etc. I guess you could say eating "kosher-style" has cultural rather than religious meaning. That said, I find it silly.

20. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

Walked down to the local convenience store earlier today to buy a pack of cigarettes and found out that the prices on cigarettes has been raised again [​IMG]