1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. RedLantern

RedLantern Distinguished Member

Dat multipa choice not always the best asseessment of student mente though, amirite?

2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

[​IMG]

3. Luigi_M

Luigi_M Distinguished Member

I know what you mean : that refreshing moment when an honest guy, before a day of hard work, is sitting on the toilet bowl with his elbows resting on his knees so that his hands may hold the newspaper without any shake - and suddenly the fucking toilet lid decides it's too vertical to defy the gravity anymore and falls on his back.
    There are moments when a man realizes that all nature is nothing but sorrow and grief.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

4. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Distinguished Member

5. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

The jokes write themselves around here.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

In Canada we don't use the word "cursive." There is printing and there is writing. We also use the appropriate number of the letter "u."

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

That was how we made the distinction in Wisconsin too. Hardly anyone used the word cursive.

We didn't add u's to words where they weren't necessary. But I now serve as an editor for a publishing house in Great Britain, to where I am starting to see the lack of "u" as error or false step even though "I am a real American" as the Hulkster would say.

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

I have been throwing in us since the fourth grade as it is alternate spelling in dictionaries and pissed off my English teacher Ms. Vanderhoof. She was not a good person. When Pink Floyd sings about education she’s the one they’re singing about.

9. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

I wish people would fax me more letters in cursive.

10. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

My cursive is illegible i usually write in an architectural lettering people can read that and it looks pretty adult

11. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

I'm old (and Third World) enough to have never owned or used a computer for anything academic before graduating college. Wrote my Masters thesis in a notebook and paid my cousin (in beer) to type it out on an IBM Selectric while I dictated (and drank the beer). Then we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to submit it, after which the professor would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were lucky.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I write so infrequently that I have to really think about it when I do.

13. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

I did a lot of drafting in the years before autocad and got pretty good at architectural lettering. Works for me.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

I haven't watched a movie in probably 15 years don't know any movies been out lately, but I am watching Oscar Awards Ceremony tonight on tv. I'm getting a little "ticked off" because when they list the nominees they sometimes announce which movie is the favorite I'm like what is this a horse race? Don't announce who the favorite is, just tell us who won the damn award!

Also, the presenters and winners who give speeches are always be fluster I'm like "come on act like you been in the end zone before."

15. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

I’ve been forced to watch some of the Oscars because of my dinner company tonight. Haven’t seen any of it in years. It’s amusing to see that a group of people can put on a show that is unironically both haughtily self important and OMGwhosedressareyouwearing vapid at the same time. And do it for longer than i’ve been alive without getting called on this.