• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do.

For the past few years I've been working for myself, but this is a different kind of money and tangentially associated with an industry / area I would really like to be in. Giving up the level of independance I have now is a bit of a hit, but this could take me to silly places if I play it right.

K

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Congrats!!!
Thank you, JayJay.
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Sweet, so did I. Not sure I was looking so dont know what to do. You taking yours? K
Congrats! Almost certainly. In addition to allowing me to move back to the area where most of my family and friends live, it's a great opportunity. Will actually be a slight pay cut in base salary, but has the potential for commission and the offer includes equity in the business. Will also give me my first opportunity to manage others. Best of luck with your decision. It's a nice choice to have to make. Are you leaning one way other the other?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Thank you, JayJay.

Congrats!

Almost certainly. In addition to allowing me to move back to the area where most of my family and friends live, it's a great opportunity. Will actually be a slight pay cut in base salary, but has the potential for commission and the offer includes equity in the business. Will also give me my first opportunity to manage others.

Best of luck with your decision. It's a nice choice to have to make. Are you leaning one way other the other?

Man, that sounds like a great situation. Good for you and congratulations!

I will probably take it. I'm in a bit of a lucky situation in that I've got another offer coming in tomorrow (got a call from hr today), but this one will really give me a chance to spread my wings and break into an area that I want to.

Not to toot my own horn (*******, I'm in a good mood and tooting) in the "pissing you off" thread, but they leveled me higher than I asked and the initial base offer is 10% above what I requested.

I'm getting drunk tonight, but will call in the am and accept I think.

K

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Man, that sounds like a great situation. Good for you and congratulations!

I will probably take it. I'm in a bit of a lucky situation in that I've got another offer coming in tomorrow (got a call from hr today), but this one will really give me a chance to spread my wings and break into an area that I want to.

Not to toot my own horn (*******, I'm in a good mood and tooting) in the "pissing you off" thread, but they leveled me higher than I asked and the initial base offer is 10% above what I requested.

I'm getting drunk tonight, but will call in the am and accept I think.

K

Yes, we are clearly in the wrong thread.

Sounds like a great offer. Mine is similar in terms of allowing me to dive deeper into an area that is of interest, and the fact that it's such a small company is something that's very much a positive to me - I am looking forward to the fact that I'll have to wear a lot of hats, so to speak. Should be an excellent learning opportunity. I've worked in companies ranging from 60 employees to 200k+ and I believe that I belong with the smaller ones (though you will not see me complain if this one grows and is sold!) In the meantime I think it'll be a fun ride.
thumbs-up.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Yes, we are clearly in the wrong thread.

Sounds like a great offer. Mine is similar in terms of allowing me to dive deeper into an area that is of interest, and the fact that it's such a small company is something that's very much a positive to me - I am looking forward to the fact that I'll have to wear a lot of hats, so to speak. Should be an excellent learning opportunity. I've worked in companies ranging from 60 employees to 200k+ and I believe that I belong with the smaller ones (though you will not see me complain if this one grows and is sold!) In the meantime I think it'll be a fun ride.
thumbs-up.gif

Your new gig sounds excellent for you!

And yea, let's not crap up the thread for the whiney bastards.

In the meantime,
cheers.gif

K

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been working for 7 days for the past couple of weeks, 4 of them totaling 12 hours and whole days on weekends and it looks like I have to do so for at least 2 more. I feel miserable and tired, and I think my employer is a dumbass for not planning this new project ahead and just winging it because he does not value the importance of spending quality time with family anyway. I get home just in time to see my 2 girls go to sleep and it makes me ******* miserable.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
I've been working for 7 days for the past couple of weeks, 4 of them totaling 12 hours and whole days on weekends and it looks like I have to do so for at least 2 more. I feel miserable and tired, and I think my employer is a dumbass for not planning this new project ahead and just winging it because he does not value the importance of spending quality time with family anyway. I get home just in time to see my 2 girls go to sleep and it makes me ******* miserable.

Sounds crappy. And I don't want to alarm you but it seems that someone has hacked into your account and changed your username.
laugh.gif

BTW: How's the recovery going, Acid? Hope that is some good news.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ thanks, Alter. the doctor found a damage in my facial nerve when they opened me up and they fixed it... he said recovery of movements would take somewhere between 1 to 2 months and it has been only a month since the operation. right now I can twitch my left eyebrow and slightly squint my left eye but thats just about it. there is no therapy or any other program, so its just a wait and see situation for me. there is no way to find out now if how much movement will go back, or how much damage on my nerve is permanent, but I'm hoping I get a 100% recovery of my nerve functions.

I'm also planning to go back on the mountain bike trails as soon as my new helmet arrives, and this work schedule goes back to normal.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday that my alma mater's Pres will be speaking in town to alumni. Went to RSVP today and it's already filled. What sort of ******* broom closet did they rserve?

b

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was gonna get drunk at Heineken Holland Olympic House tomorrow, but one friend is ******* sick, parents want me at home for Chinese New Years Eve dinner, and the chicks want to go downtown and go sightseeing.

I JUST WANT TO GET DRUNK AND PARTY WITH HOT DUTCH CHICKS!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some of the people I work with have no concept of replenishment - that is, when you use something up or take the last of [whatever], order more. And what exacerbates this is that they have no idea about forms and printing. So they would use up whatever pre-printed forms they found and then show up at my office empty-handed. Hey, T - do you have any more of these tucked away?

So, that's been my MO - keep a month's worth of stock in a closet, out of the way.

Well, the ******* bloodhounds found them and used them up, and then told me after the last box was emptied. Here we go again. ******* morons. What, you think I just wave my magic forms-printer wand and out come all these nice four-part forms the next morning!?! Do I look like goddamn Rumplestiltskin??? The magic Forms Fairy???

Now I've got to lean hard on a vendor because you had just enough presence of mind to find what you needed just then, but you weren't so smart to make sure there would be more there the next time you needed them. Assholes.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for a shirt I ordered on sale from TM Lewin on January 31st. It left TM Lewin's distribution centre in the UK on February 2nd and probably landed at Pearson Intl Airport here in Toronto, On Canada on the 4th. The shirt is currently sitting somewhere in the Canada Revenue Agency(Customs) section of a Canada Post warehouse in Mississauga Ontario, roughly 20 min drive from my house.

If I am getting dinged for taxes and duty, get it done already CRA you have been in possession of my shirt since the 4th!

I am however quite happy with TM Lewin's customer service team. Canada Post, their only saving grace is they are not UPS or Fed EX.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
asshole friends that dont realise youre going out is a favor for them.. do you idiots think I enjoy being in a crowd like that?

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toxic "never drinking again" style hangover exacerbating a cold and my hand hurts from punching some guy, and I am supposed to be going out for a few drinks with a friend I haven't seen in a while but I just feel so damn bleuargh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads