• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Yup. I've messaged him and emailed and am giving him 48 hours to repond, but that's up in the morning.

I'm surprised, he had really good B&S feedback from reputable members.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My ex is getting married this weekend to a friend of mine (or I guess really downgraded to friend-of-a-friend territory ever since they moved in together).

That's not what's pissing me off though. She no longer acknowledges that I exist, but I'm happy for them and think they are a much better match than we ever were.

What's a total bummer though, is that all of my friends are in town this weekend to go to a huge party that I'm not invited to!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
My ex is getting married this weekend to a friend of mine (or I guess really downgraded to friend-of-a-friend territory ever since they moved in together).

That's not what's pissing me off though. She no longer acknowledges that I exist, but I'm happy for them and think they are a much better match than we ever were.

What's a total bummer though, is that all of my friends are in town this weekend to go to a huge party that I'm not invited to!
That's a drag. Sorry, man.
But hey, it's Chicago. From what I read here none of you are likely to survive the week anyway, so try to maintain dome perspective.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've known guys in very similar situations that would simply skip town for the weekend. no wrong answers imo.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The dude who sold me a couple of belts on B&S and disappeared when I asked when he was going to ship them out.
ask in the Thrift thread. more advice in there. as most are sellers. one might be the seller. best of luck.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
ask in the Thrift thread. more advice in there. as most are sellers. one might be the seller. best of luck.

Thanks, he eventually turned up, apologized for being out of touch, and assured me that he's mailed the goods.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
what's bothering me? -sellers.

or.
Retailers.

pretending they are Thrifters.

if you have a shop. and you sell? you are retail.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I broke my temporary crown while chewing gum just minutes ago. Strange thing is the original "permanent" crown cracked while chewing the same brand of gum (Orbit), while chewing the same brand a few days later the temporary popped out - I luckily caught it before doing any damage and stuck it back in and it held. Well, what do you know, I totally forget about it and try chewing the same brand of gum, this time the crown pops out and I more or less crush it while chewing.

The permanent crown doesn't get in until Thursday :rolleyes:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, permanent crowns really shouldn't be cracking, at least not until they have been in there for a long time.

My GF recently had a long drawn out process surrounding a crown that didn't stick, and later broke. The opinion of her multiple dentist friends (and the new dentist we finally found that accepted her HMO) was that a broken crown is either due to a lab flaw or dentist mishandling (poor fitment, too much post-installation modification, etc).

Of course, you'll never get the dentist putting it in to actually admit to that, but she did eventually get the old dentist to pay back a few hundred bucks (allegedly his cost for the lab).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The crown was maybe 6 or 7 months old. He's replacing it for free but was sure to blame the lab.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's replacing it for free

Good, can't really ask for anything more.

In my GF's case, it was clear that her dentist was super ****** and had already butchered the job. So even though he would re-do it for free, letting the same guy grind away more of your existing tooth matter didn't seem like a great idea.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My dentist has this computerized lathe thingy that scans the tooth and machines the crown right there in the chair.Pretty cool. He's a badass surfer too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads