Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Since it's my last year of undergrad, I'm afraid something like this might happen to me. Crossing my fingers.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Rascal Flats have a Christmas album.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Found out last week that the math class I've been taking this semester isn't on the list of "acceptable" courses for my gen ed requirement. It was when I was at the community college and I thought that wasn't any different at the university, since a 100-level algebra class sounded logical for a gen ed math requirement on an English degree. Oversight on my part for sure, but this means not graduating next month and having to go an extra semester just for one class. And I just interviewed for a job related to my field of interest this morning, too, and was told I'm one of the lead candidates. [​IMG]
    That is really disappointing. Sorry to hear it. I almost fell into the same situation earlier this year. Originally, I would have graduated next March and was beginning to plan an internship on that schedule. Due to gen. ed. confusion I will now graduate in June. It's not a huge deal as I figured this out before it was too late, but I was nervous.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I graduated cum laude from Princeton Law.
    Which year? 2002 here, Law review.

5. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

I scored a 200 which got me into Princeton Law.

Huh [​IMG]

6. Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design Senior member

Pharmacists. They sure develop enormous egos for people who didn't quite get into medicine.

[​IMG]

7. APK

APK Senior member

That is really disappointing. Sorry to hear it. I almost fell into the same situation earlier this year. Originally, I would have graduated next March and was beginning to plan an internship on that schedule. Due to gen. ed. confusion I will now graduate in June. It's not a huge deal as I figured this out before it was too late, but I was nervous.

As I said, it's my fault for not double-checking that this class fell into the category of "acceptable" classes for my math gen ed. This is something that would've been brought to my attention after the university had processed my information for graduation. Unfortunately, my information wasn't processed until last week because I had a couple of petitions to move some English classes around (both my major and minor are in English categories, so such movement is necessary to make all the requirements of both "fit") that I didn't bother to turn in until recently, since it didn't seem vital I get them turned in right away.

The internship probably wouldn't have led to a full-time job there, since the paper is still struggling. But I would've preferred to get some more experience in my field of interest than spend another semester putzing around campus because of a math class.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I still can't find an apartment. WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. First the guy at the agency tells us he's reluctant to work with us because we have very little rental history and very little credit history. So what do we offer? We offer to pay first month's rent, last month's rent, and double the deposit at the time of the lease signing. He is still slow to move, so we offer to have both our parents cosign as well. Still, he isn't doing much for us, so we have our Chef, one of the most well-respected business owners in Healdsburg, give him a call and tell him that we're good guys and basically just be a personal reference for us. The guy still doesn't seem to be willing to do anything with us. WHAT THE FUCK Now we have 7 days to move before we're BOTH living out of our cars (I already am), and this is so fucking stupid. What's worst is that Healdsburg is such a small town, there is really only one major realty company and the rest all do estate stuff. So this guy is basically fucking us every way possible. [​IMG] To add insult to injury, I went into work today for just an hour and a half to work on a foie gras terrine for Thanksgiving. I parked in the 3 hour parking b/c I was just going to walk in, press the foie through a tamis, season it, and leave. Lo and behold, everybody was in the shits majorly today, so I stayed and helped them. I leave a couple hours later and had forgotten I was in short term parking. I have a parking ticket now. AHSDFKLHJASKDFJALSDKF [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I still can't find an apartment. WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. First the guy at the agency tells us he's reluctant to work with us because we have very little rental history and very little credit history.
    So what do we offer? We offer to pay first month's rent, last month's rent, and double the deposit at the time of the lease signing. He is still slow to move, so we offer to have both our parents cosign as well. Still, he isn't doing much for us, so we have our Chef, one of the most well-respected business owners in Healdsburg, give him a call and tell him that we're good guys and basically just be a personal reference for us.

The guy still doesn't seem to be willing to do anything with us.
    WHAT THE FUCK
    Now we have 7 days to move before we're BOTH living out of our cars (I already am), and this is so fucking stupid. What's worst is that Healdsburg is such a small town, there is really only one major realty company and the rest all do estate stuff. So this guy is basically fucking us every way possible.

[​IMG]

To add insult to injury, I went into work today for just an hour and a half to work on a foie gras terrine for Thanksgiving. I parked in the 3 hour parking b/c I was just going to walk in, press the foie through a tamis, season it, and leave. Lo and behold, everybody was in the shits majorly today, so I stayed and helped them. I leave a couple hours later and had forgotten I was in short term parking. I have a parking ticket now.
    AHSDFKLHJASKDFJALSDKF [​IMG] [​IMG]

dang that happened to me couple times too. walk into work and completely forget i parked in a 1 hour zone. luckily for me the other several times nothing happened. but the couple of last times i did get a ticket (various places , various times in life).

the apt thing i can understand the agency.
    imo, kwilk, you look a little shady. so i would deny you too.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I don't look shady. I look like a cross between Raggedy Andy and a Cabbage Patch Kid. I look like a huge pussy that couldn't harm anything.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I don't look shady. I look like a cross between Raggedy Andy and a Cabbage Patch Kid. I look like a huge pussy that couldn't harm anything.

those two dolls are scary. imo.

12. quevola

quevola Senior member

I still can't find an apartment. WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. First the guy at the agency tells us he's reluctant to work with us because we have very little rental history and very little credit history.
    So what do we offer? We offer to pay first month's rent, last month's rent, and double the deposit at the time of the lease signing. He is still slow to move, so we offer to have both our parents cosign as well. Still, he isn't doing much for us, so we have our Chef, one of the most well-respected business owners in Healdsburg, give him a call and tell him that we're good guys and basically just be a personal reference for us.

The guy still doesn't seem to be willing to do anything with us.
    WHAT THE FUCK
    Now we have 7 days to move before we're BOTH living out of our cars (I already am), and this is so fucking stupid. What's worst is that Healdsburg is such a small town, there is really only one major realty company and the rest all do estate stuff. So this guy is basically fucking us every way possible.

[​IMG]

To add insult to injury, I went into work today for just an hour and a half to work on a foie gras terrine for Thanksgiving. I parked in the 3 hour parking b/c I was just going to walk in, press the foie through a tamis, season it, and leave. Lo and behold, everybody was in the shits majorly today, so I stayed and helped them. I leave a couple hours later and had forgotten I was in short term parking. I have a parking ticket now.
    AHSDFKLHJASKDFJALSDKF [​IMG] [​IMG]

Karma is a bitch [​IMG]

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

This was foie gras that had already been butchered and used. I was honoring these birds by making a terrine out of their scraps before someone else threw them away.

14. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Pharmacists. They sure develop enormous egos for people who didn't quite get into medicine.

[​IMG]

With you on that - WTF does take so long to put the goddam pills from one bottle to the other!!!![​IMG]

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Sorry to hear about your travails K. Hope things work out for you ASAP. Think of the story you'll have for your interns and prep staff, 20 years from now, when you own your own place.