• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
there is a great cookie shop in teh Reagan Bldg... just do not OD... augh...

Reagan building??? Where would that be and why do I have a feeling it's nowhere near me...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, good luck with it Pio. We bought just as the market was starting to come down, so didn't get a price break. And we spent way less than the bank would've given us so our place is tiny. Now we make way more money, but have a condo we can't sell (haven't even tried) or rent to cover costs. Plus, we're unsure we'd get a loan now anyway without a massive downpayment, which would drain us of all cash.

I feel your pain. Life's timing sucks some royal ass sometimes.

b

Originally Posted by Piobaire
There's no saying what can happen, but trust me, we plan for foreseeable things.

Either we'll get a reasonable debt instrument this afternoon, or we'll just put it off a couple of years, save even more money...and I won't have to drive a Tundra to keep our monthly nut under my wife's take home pay (we have a rule, our monthly nut can't exceed the lowest of our two incomes).

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
Reagan building??? Where would that be and why do I have a feeling it's nowhere near me...

Yeah, that'd be DC. Probably not worth the trip just for cookies. edit: especially since there are supposed to be protesters in town today. Hey Pittsburg, suck it! We deal with this all the time.

b

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rejection. /depressed. ****** thing is that I know it will pass, I just want to skip to then.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boss expects me to be available by phone and e-mail to help him and who ever replaces me while on maternity leave
plain.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
There's no saying what can happen, but trust me, we plan for foreseeable things.

Either we'll get a reasonable debt instrument this afternoon, or we'll just put it off a couple of years, save even more money...and I won't have to drive a Tundra to keep our monthly nut under my wife's take home pay (we have a rule, our monthly nut can't exceed the lowest of our two incomes).

Good luck!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My absent-minded boss is never wrong, it's always someone else's fault.
rolleyes.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker

There should be a Reagan building in every city imo!

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calculus. I'm pretty sure this class is going to make me switch from engineering to economics.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes guys. It's not happening. I live in one of the areas that was hit very hard by the current RE market, and banks are indeed running scared. So while this was great for me buying my land cheap, it's killing the build project. I'm looking at needing 40% of the LTC (loan to cost) and I have about 30% to commit. The piss off is, it'll take 12-18 months to save the next 10% and I bet by then, markets probably will have loosened up and 30% into the deal will do it
frown.gif

On the silver lining side, leaning heavily to the GL450 lease now vs. Tundra buy
smile.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GL450=
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
My mom almost got one, but she thought it was too big. I didn't! Do you have a fun car Pio? Maybe a nice little Lotus Elise?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Yeah, Pio, my mom drives a gl450--seems like it may be... a mom car.

Really? The only person I know that has one is 6'5" and built like a brick shithouse. I'll take my chances.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics