Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

there is a great cookie shop in teh Reagan Bldg... just do not OD... augh...

Reagan building??? Where would that be and why do I have a feeling it's nowhere near me...

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Well, good luck with it Pio. We bought just as the market was starting to come down, so didn't get a price break. And we spent way less than the bank would've given us so our place is tiny. Now we make way more money, but have a condo we can't sell (haven't even tried) or rent to cover costs. Plus, we're unsure we'd get a loan now anyway without a massive downpayment, which would drain us of all cash.

I feel your pain. Life's timing sucks some royal ass sometimes.

b

There's no saying what can happen, but trust me, we plan for foreseeable things.

Either we'll get a reasonable debt instrument this afternoon, or we'll just put it off a couple of years, save even more money...and I won't have to drive a Tundra to keep our monthly nut under my wife's take home pay (we have a rule, our monthly nut can't exceed the lowest of our two incomes).

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Reagan building??? Where would that be and why do I have a feeling it's nowhere near me...

Yeah, that'd be DC. Probably not worth the trip just for cookies. edit: especially since there are supposed to be protesters in town today. Hey Pittsburg, suck it! We deal with this all the time.

b

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Rejection. /depressed. Shitty thing is that I know it will pass, I just want to skip to then.

5. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

My boss expects me to be available by phone and e-mail to help him and who ever replaces me while on maternity leave [​IMG]

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

There's no saying what can happen, but trust me, we plan for foreseeable things.

Either we'll get a reasonable debt instrument this afternoon, or we'll just put it off a couple of years, save even more money...and I won't have to drive a Tundra to keep our monthly nut under my wife's take home pay (we have a rule, our monthly nut can't exceed the lowest of our two incomes).

Good luck!

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

My absent-minded boss is never wrong, it's always someone else's fault. [​IMG]

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

There should be a Reagan building in every city imo!

9. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Calculus. I'm pretty sure this class is going to make me switch from engineering to economics.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It's not happening. I live in one of the areas that was hit very hard by the current RE market, and banks are indeed running scared. So while this was great for me buying my land cheap, it's killing the build project. I'm looking at needing 40% of the LTC (loan to cost) and I have about 30% to commit. The piss off is, it'll take 12-18 months to save the next 10% and I bet by then, markets probably will have loosened up and 30% into the deal will do it [​IMG]

On the silver lining side, leaning heavily to the GL450 lease now vs. Tundra buy [​IMG]

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

GL450=[​IMG] My mom almost got one, but she thought it was too big. I didn't! Do you have a fun car Pio? Maybe a nice little Lotus Elise?

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yeah, Pio, my mom drives a gl450--seems like it may be... a mom car.

13. Piobaire

Yeah, Pio, my mom drives a gl450--seems like it may be... a mom car.

Really? The only person I know that has one is 6'5" and built like a brick shithouse. I'll take my chances.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Really? The only person I know that has one is 6'5" and built like a brick shithouse. I'll take my chances.

Shit, you know my mom?!

15. Piobaire

Shit, you know my mom?!

[​IMG]