1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Every morning, there is a missed call on my phone when I arrive at the office.

That missed call always shows up as "From WOMENS CANCER"

I really need to stay late one of these days so that I can pick it up and tell women's cancer to fuck off.

2. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

It seriously damages my world view to know a baller like Pio is considering paying for bush.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You don't pay for bush...you pay to make it leave when you're done with it.

1 person likes this.
  4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

that's what Gwen Stefani did AMIRITE!!!

2 people like this.
  5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Bush was a horrible band. if they sucked any harder, they'd be Nirvana.

R.A.T.M, Bosstones,Korn,and a bunch of other bands. . .

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

lol throwback. Dig was a great song.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Bush had possibly the most 90s song there was with Swallowed. Bush was not a horrible band but neither were they a timeless band; they were very much a band of the moment and I appreciated them for that. I like their guitar tone and their music is not hard for a hack like me to play along to.

1 person likes this.
  9. Thrift Vader

i fel you @Piobaire . but would say "far behind" by Candlebox is also a contender.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

I largely agree with Piob's assessment of Bush. They're certainly not the 90s band I'll play for my kids, but they're representative of their milieu and listenable enough to still check out from time to time. Though I should admit that I've had a soft spot for them since "Everything Zen" came out and a friend pointed out that Gavin Rossdale sounded like he really wished he was in a metal band but got stuck in an alt-rock band because metal was basically nonexistent in the mid 90s (we were metalheads and in a metal band). Also, "Glycerine" was my go-to woe-is-me song when my girlfriend broke up with me in 11th grade.

For you Mudvayne kids, enjoy your Slipknot ripoff.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    3 people like this.
  11. MrG

MrG Senior member

I loved that first Candlebox album, but they were probably one of the most boring bands I ever saw live. I saw them on Metallica's tour for the box set. It was Fight, Candlebox, Suicidal Tendencies, and Metallica (AIC was supposed to be there but bailed). When Candlebox came on, they sounded great, but they were weirdly lacking in stage presence. It was almost like someone had put a live album on so we could hang out and listen to it

12. Thrift Vader

sad, prolly real nice to hear in a small bar. on a dim stage. after a long day at work and 3 pints.

13. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I also agree with all of that. Alice in chains or smashing pumpkins are my favorite bands of that era, but Bush is listenable.

Also, Stone Sour is better than Slipknot in my opinion.

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

AIC is where it's at. There is no grunge band that even comes close to them for me.

Also, you're probably going to laugh at this (if you even know who it is), but the single most underrated record of the 90s was Ugly Kid Joe's "Menace to Sobriety." They got lost in the 90s transition from metal to grunge/post-grunge, and having their first big hit basically be a novelty song didn't help, but that record is a masterpiece of funk metal. It's easily in my top five records of the decade.

Agree 100% on Stone Sour. They may not be as iconic as Slipknot, but they're hands down Corey's better band.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I am, of course, a big AIC fan. I was lucky as I got to see them in the Detroit area at a 3k seat venue along with Live. STP is also one of my favorite 90s band and I really appreciate Dean DeLeo's guitar playing. The guitar line for Interstate Love Song is highly underrated as it's not show off but rather very melodic.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

your bands are all decent but none of them can hold a candle to Limp Bizkit

1 person likes this.
  17. Thrift Vader

[​IMG]
    Agreed.

-for all of us who still actually dress like we did back in the day.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Actually, the quintessential 90s album was released in 1988.

19. MrG

MrG Senior member

I was a fan of the LB back in the day. :embar:

I still think "$3 Bill Y'all" was an excellent representation of numetal before the genre got bloated and ridiculous, but I admit that in retrospect I don't exactly feel proud of having liked them. I look back on them like I imagine 80s kids look back on Winger.

That said, Wed Borland was one hell of a guitarist, and it's too bad he wasn't in a band that could really take advantage of his skills.

20. Thrift Vader

still feel that Korn had better music than LB.. ie:drumming, guitar.Fred's attitude would have lit that band up.

[​IMG]
    *edited for the song i believe showcases their sound.

1 person likes this.