1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Fuck I-95. ETA for my trip home was 6:40 when I started. Got there at 8:30. I even shelled out for the express EZPass lanes. Feel like I would have gotten home at 10 otherwise. Next time I'm taking the ferry instead of driving I-95 like a prole.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Day 2 of house work. :(

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

We have one:

:evolve:

1 person likes this.
  4. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Fuckin A weekly housekeeper, min. If youve got enough bank to fart around on some shoe forum you can float a housekeeper on the reg.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If you've been reading the issue isn't money.

Just made my end of year donations online. Would have felt better buying more wine. :(

6. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

That was a general statement. Convincing the wife if she's an anti-housekeeper is another story. I suppose you could say you're not doing jack shit if she's prohibiting your hire of one. Of course, brinksmanship with the wife usually ends in total defeat. I've found in many ways the man is the US armed forces and the wife the Viet Cong in any argument. Technically you've got all the power. Yet you ultimately and inevitably somehow end up losing all drawn out conflicts. :p

1 person likes this.
  7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Frank Tavares says "support for NPR comes from" for literally decades. They bring in a a new chick, fine whatever. Then she's gone in a year or two. And now they've replaced Frank's replacement's replacement. In a three-year span. That voice is supposed to be a rock of calm in an ever-turbulent world.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END, NPR.

8. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

While my wife was up getting dressed in her closet with the door closed (for maybe a minute, tops), our dumb dog decided that it would be a good time to go in our bathroom, take my glasses off the counter, and chew them into oblivion. This is despite having numerous chew toys available to him throughout the house.

My interest in being a dog owner has now dropped to zero.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Don't care what anybody says that Milo Yiannopoulos, is a hot dude.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I hear his favorite play is Springtime for Hitler.

1 person likes this.
  11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

watching Blue is the Warmest Color on a packed flight was sort of a mistake. :lol:

awkward fast forwarding through the long assed explicit sex scene(s) while eating airplane food aside, it was an excellent engrossing 3hr movie experience that made the flight fly by.

movie had me a bit shook (even without the sechs scenes) thinking about first loves, old girlfriend(s), my wife, etc for a couple of days.... ended up re-watching it (again awkward trying to watch complete movie with full 10min sech scenes in a house full of visiting family) :lol: ... did subsequent interweb deep dives on the actresses/director/movie/reviews then re-watching youtube clips of the pivotal scenes throughout the week. even on re-watch the movie/scenes had me flummoxed/shook/contemplative.

xmas was meh, my family is healthy, happy new year everyone.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  12. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

^ Blue is the Warmest Color is an excellent movie

13. patrickBOOTH

So I found out while I was visiting my parent last weekend that the place I worked at through high school and college closed down. It was a plant shop/ landscaping place. When I was in high school I worked at the plant place and in college I landscaped. It was hard work and I learned a lot while I was there. Had some of the best times of my life working there and it was so sad to drive by it and see a for sale sign out front. They couldn't manage well after the recession and the proliferation of much cheaper plants and shrubs and such at places like Home Depot. I got to spend some time with my old boss who is in very poor health, but old and seemingly ok about his retirement as he can spent time with his kids and grandchildren. Still sucks though.

14. patrickBOOTH

It makes me very angry how some people can either be so oblivious, or downright self-centered in public. My usual spot at the coffee shop is occupied by this woman taking up two spots with all of her shit. I walk over not realizing she is hogging the space and she just looks at me. Doesn't even attempt to say sorry, or move her things. Fuck you.

1 person likes this.
  15. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Now imagine the same type of situation at say a grocery store and you have a kid or two with you and people just dont give a fuck. Yes, I know I probably shouldnt have brought my wiener kids with. Sorry to have been a bother to you but you dont have to roll your eyes at me while I tell you to get the hell out of the way as you are blocking the entire aisle comparing coconut oils.

Also, dont get aisle widths. How is it that some stores I can barely squeeze past another cart? I feel claustrophobic in them.

2 people like this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Now imagine the same type of situation and the person has one of those side by side strollers that take up the whole aisle with their width. Fuck side by side strollers and the people who use them

3 people like this.
  17. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I made the questionable decision of going downtown to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival, and I was amazed how many people brought strollers, including those horrible double ones. There are a million people out on the streets, and you're going to try to push a double stroller around? Fuck you.

1 person likes this.
  18. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I love the way they use them as battering rams and then cop this attitude " cant you see I have babies here" Fuck you lady I don't even like my own kids put your precious cargo where the sun don' shine

1 person likes this.
  19. double00

double00 Senior member

i dunno i hold the door for people but when i have my little guy around half the time it seems like people are gunning for us. some dipshit teen creach on a bike sees me with a stroller and asks me to hold a gate for him and then almost runs me over. piss on that turd.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    2 people like this.
  20. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

We have but do not use our side by side stroller. It was "gifted" to us. Wife looks at it and is like "how the f are we gonne even fit that through a doorway?"We ended up with a front and back and even that we wont take into stores.
    I can see people somewhat using them in crowds. Do you want us to be shut-ins and not take them out until they are 4 years old or something? (Meaning people with strollers, not those side by side) Then again, I hate crowds and really can only stand to take them to the 4th of July parade as our one crowds outing.
    Remember that your shitty days are often different than our shitty days. We have probably actually been shit on on those days.