1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I just learned the spouse of one of my mentors passed, the 89 year old that still keeps office hours. I'm worried he will follow quickly after her as so often happens in these situations.

:(

2. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

My condolences (to him and you). I thought my wifes grandma would do the same when she became widowed a few years ago. Nope. Still lives in the same giant house and is as fiery as ever. Hopefully he keeps down the same path.

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I thought the same thing about my grandmother, who had been married to my grandfather for more than 60 years, but she is now just starting to slow down more than a decade later.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Makes sense doe. I don't plan on living beyond my wife's lifespan

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Ugh. Services on Thursday afternoon, and as they're Jewish, will probably drop in to spend an hour during Shiva this weekend. Hate sitting Shiva but want to check in on him not in a crowd situation.

6. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

That sounds like a good move. I'm guessing the services will be pretty crowded. You'll be right down the street from my parents though [​IMG]

7. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

As always, our office is adopting a family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm fine with helping a poor family get a good meal for Thanksgiving and getting them some needed stuff so the kids have Christmas presents, but it annoys me when the male child is asking for X-Box games as part of his presents. I'm sorry, but I work for a living and my kids don't even have an X-Box! Yet, this single mom who can't afford to buy her kids presents or a Thanksgiving meal has an X-Box??? How about they sell the X-Box and buy some actual necessities?

And when I express my issue with this, the women in my office tell me I shouldn't judge. Seriously?? WTF!!

3 people like this.
  8. otc

otc Senior member

My mom put the last cat from my childhood to sleep today. She had been through a lot--had both recovered from diabetes (had a period where she was getting insulin injections but then she stopped needing them for years) and a period of having seizures.

But a little while ago she started needing insulin again and wasn't showing any signs of remission...and then the seizures returned.

Obviously the right thing to do, but it sucks that I'm going to be back home next week and she'll be gone.

9. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I feel you on that. Our 14-year-old cat has kidney disease and I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that we will probably lose him far sooner than I will be ready for it. Pets are definitely part of the family.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

My dog got diagnosed with kidney disease a couple months ago. So far we just put him on the (stupidly expensive) kidney diet food, and he's been noticeably improved.

I've more or less deliberately avoided asking about the long term prognosis. He's already old, something is going to do him in. No sense worrying about this one in particular.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Loosing a pet is really tough. Sending some positive mojo.

2 people like this.
  12. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Seems that every time I get to watch my favorite sports team on TV, they lose.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I don't know why this made me so annoyed but Rolex has discontinued the 36mm Explorer in favor of the awful 39mm version.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I am a bundle of nerves. Had my final round interviews yesterday and am cautiously optimistic that I did well.

Spoke to the recruiter earlier this morning and she said the team is gathering at 4 today to discuss my candidacy. She said initial feedback is positive so far but that they need to hear back from everyone.

Mentioned that I would probably hear back by EOD, whether I got it or not.

AHHH!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm just going to admit a part of me hopes you don't get it as I enjoy reading about your job hunting...but the bigger part hopes you get it!

Because then there's a move to read about, new roommates to tease you over, etc. ;)

1 person likes this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

^ doesnt matter if he gets it - he'll be doing interviews after 6 months on the job anyway

3 people like this.
  17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Good luck, GreenFrogbrah

18. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I flew too close to the sun. After a long run of exit row seats, I got a normal one and my neighbor is a very large woman.

Also, TSA decided my laptop charger was suspicious.

19. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

It was 70 degrees yesterday, and woke up to a dusting of snow today. [​IMG]

20. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

USPS and UPS have both been fucking up lately on like every goddamn package and I'm over 3,000 miles away from home right now so I keep having to make several phone calls to get shit sorted out.