• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok, I'm working with excel sheets with formulas and over 10000 lines of data. How the **** am I supposed to find the reason for a $30 difference between sheets?? FML

Start using a better tool for the job?

Once it gets like that, excel is completely unauditable.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betimes people ask me for advice, and then when I give it to them, they make it known to me that they don't think I know what I'm talking about. If they don't think I know what I am talking about, then they should not waste my valuable time asking me for my advice.

I've never in my life done this, but at some point I'm going to say "No, I will not offer my advice b/c you will ignore it and insult me in the process. Figure it out yourself."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I do think people work too much.

It's one thing to put in long hours at crunch times, but most people can't do sustained long hours efficiently.
So many people spend who spend crazy hours in the office, either make up for it in time where they are zoned out or giving their minds a break...or their work quality starts to suffer to the point where those extra hours aren't helpful.

There are studies about this, but we don't seem to be learning.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118285/workaholism-america-hurting-economy

One of the more self-destructive elements of American corporate culture, especially when your job requires creativity or critical thinking.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Personally, I hate working. I hate long days, I hate being accessible to work on my off hours (even vacations), and would love to work less. Thing is there's certain expectations and then there's trying to get your schedule compressed. By that last part I mean it's not uncommon for me to have a 6am breakfast meeting the same day I have a 5:30pm meeting. If there was not that expectation that senior level folks are in from dawn to dusk, and I could compress my schedule, I could do my job in probably 15 hours a week at the office and the rest from home. There's just that human component though, where face time is so valued (and valuable), that you can't get around.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like this. I don't like it one bit. From NMWA...

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Personally, I hate working. I hate long days, I hate being accessible to work on my off hours (even vacations), and would love to work less. Thing is there's certain expectations and then there's trying to get your schedule compressed. By that last part I mean it's not uncommon for me to have a 6am breakfast meeting the same day I have a 5:30pm meeting. If there was not that expectation that senior level folks are in from dawn to dusk, and I could compress my schedule, I could do my job in probably 15 hours a week at the office and the rest from home. There's just that human component though, where face time is so valued (and valuable), that you can't get around.

Do your direct reports make good money?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads