1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I showed that post to my son and then we laughed for like five minutes. I'm not sure why we thought it was so funny now.

3 people like this.
  2. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Because a sick sense of humor probably runs in your family.Hey VD I see Folsum was rated the best city in Cali to raise a family .Nice

1 person likes this.
  3. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Folsom you say?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Sue.

2 people like this.
  5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

6. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I think you're probably right.

We lived in Folsom for a few years, but now we reside in El Dorado Hills. I'm sure our family saw a significant decline once we made the five-mile trek up the hill. :D

Actually, they're pretty much the same. We really like it here and agree that it's a good place to raise a family. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

In 'Murica there's only one answer to this: everyone involved.

2 people like this.
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Not everyone can be called Sue

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  9. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

My name is Sue
    How do you do

2 people like this.
  10. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Everyone.

11. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Now you gonna die!

1 person likes this.
  12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Our IT help desk folks use that common system of opening an online incident "ticket" for each request, which supposedly provides a way of tracking results and measuring their performance against some expected metric. I've been having problems with an application that I use regularly, so I shot them an email. They dicked around for a while, passing the buck among several different IT sub-fiefdoms. Then I get and email saying the incident has been "resolved", which of course gives them a successful stat for "resolving" it within xx hours. The "resolution" is more a purported "explanation" that doesn't address the heart of the problem. The email informing me that the incident has been marked "resolved" contains a link I can click to reject the resolution if my problem has been fixed. So I click the link - and of course it's a broken link that yields an error mesage.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That is an odd surname.

14. double00

double00 Senior member

"excuse me, Anybody?"

"yes? can i help you?"

"...you've been served!"

"SHIT!"

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

With a name like that you need a middlename like Waitforit

1 person likes this.
  16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Reading in bed and dozing off. Time to sleep. Get out of bed to turn off lights.

Get back in bed. No longer sleepy.

:fu:

3 people like this.
  17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Fking prevent defenses (Football).

If you played great defense all game, why would you change it up - it makes no sense.

The only thing they prevent you from doing is winning.

18. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

There's a gang of militant old WASPs in my new 'hood who seek to "strongly discourage" overnight street parking, despite the fact I've observed a mean of about 20% of residents parking in front of their homes, which would be way higher except many homes have 2car garages/driveways. They operate behind the paper tiger (non)authority of the home owner's assoc. The posse ringleader - some douchey superannuated Harvard i-banker type - has twice emailed my landlords about my coupe (crammed against the bushes totally out of the way) out front despite having my email for days. And my address, obv, too. Plus he's not even driving past: I'm informed he walks his dog from way up the street every evening lol. As completely new owners in the 'hood themselves my landlords are like 'oh we better listen SR! Don't want to ruffle any feathers!'

I'm more like 'happy to accommodate and compromise with my neighbors when I'm shown how my actions cause material detriment to them. But I ain't playing musical cars or havin the wife leave the kids unattended as she endlessly drives the truck into and out of the cramped single garage for every single onboarding/deboarding all to leave room for daddy's car so that this tin-badge Sheriff of the Neighborhood can better take in the foliage with his dog and not suffer the horror of walking past yet another automobile of one of yet another of the baaaad residents.'

Ima stroll over to the dude's house this evening and have a word. 'Cease this passive-aggressive pestering of my landlords to gain leverage.' 'I don't really give a f*ck about your faction and its aesthetics agenda for nighttime, just as a minority of other residents quite clearly don't either.' Etc. Basically he'll learn I operate under the state motto of New Hampshire.

*Actually this last part is making me quite happy LOL

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

This is why you read in bed with a yellow light

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Here's your leverage. Make claims he's not cleaning up the dog's dump. Better yet, keep an eye out, and maybe you can get some footage of that really happening.

1 person likes this.