• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My one boss just called to tell me that he thinks we are getting fired/laid off/reassgined to another department later this week. He told me that so that he wouldnt feel guilty knowing that and having to talk to me all week. Sigh....I cant say I didnt see this coming, just couldnt be at a worse mental time for me right now. I guess what they say about what doesnt kill you......just when things in my life were starting to get better too
frown.gif

Liam

Reaction score
Can't leave for my vacation until tomorrow and have to cut it short by three days now because my girl couldn't get the time off.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to move to England and live over there as a serious idea after I am done school in a few years, but I have absolutely no idea where to start.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I want to move to England and live over there as a serious idea after I am done school in a few years, but I have absolutely no idea where to start.
Why? Are you from there?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Why? Are you from there?

No, but the company I work for is based in England and I have wanted to move over there for some time now. The problem is that the seniority for USA employees is different from that of England employees, so if I wanted to work in management (which is my goal) I would have to be on the England side.

If I get promoted here in the USA and decide to move over to England, I would lose any seniority I may have accrued, so I figure it's time to consider my options and what I want to do. My college degree is a 2-year program for aviation management so after that I can figure out what I want to do.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why not just go and see where the chips fall? You're young, have no attachments, and there are plenty of airlines in London. Sounds like the perfect opportunity.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why not just go and see where the chips fall? You're young, have no attachments, and there are plenty of airlines in London. Sounds like the perfect opportunity.
True, but I am loyal to my employer so I would rather not leave the airline. I'm just one who likes to have a plan put together .

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
True, but I am loyal to my employer so I would rather not leave the airline. I'm just one who likes to have a plan put together .
I admire your loyalty but sometimes you've just got to say "*******" and go for what you want, plans be damned. Somehow, I suspect that you'll do alright for yourself.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire your loyalty but sometimes you've just got to say "*******" and go for what you want, plans be damned. Somehow, I suspect that you'll do alright for yourself.
+100, and from a very serious devoted planner/strategic thinker. ~ H

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously I have no choice but to wait, although I do occasionally get upset when I really have no idea where my life is going. Oh well
laugh.gif

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is pretty stupid. Employers will **** their employees in a second these days, you really have to look out for yourself. Both parties should be watching the bottom line.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
This is pretty stupid. Employers will **** their employees in a second these days, you really have to look out for yourself. Both parties should be watching the bottom line.

+1

And I dont get this seniority business. Unless you are union it's not about seniority, its about what benefit you can bring to the company.

Good riddance to the days of the seniority based "company man" crap.

K

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waking up at 3:30am for no apparent reason and not being able to get back to sleep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads