1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I was just shy of my Eagle Scout. I basically did it in the minimum required time (I met all the requirements for the next rank in the minimum time in rank period). I didn't finish my Eagle basically out of spite to my dad.

2. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I never finished my Eagle because we moved just as I turned 14 and I lost a bunch of my blue cards and other information. Lame excuse, I know--I actually got all the way to where I just needed my Eagle project but I never finished it. I regret that quite a bit. I often use myself as an example of tripping at the finish line when I'm talking to my scouts. So having my son get his Eagle will help me feel a bit better about that.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

When people talk about Hollywood Vampires Supergroup they often fail to mention Robert DeLeo on the electric bass guitar which is basically a bunch of crap.

4. L'Incandescent

Okay so USPS tried to play a trick on me sorry but I'm not falling for it. Just saw on USPS Tracking "USPS tried to deliver your packeldge at 6:40 PM but was unable we han left a notice." I'm basically like "Bullshit 6:40 PM is when you *realized* you failed to deliver the package you ain't out there delivering no mail at 6:40 gimme a damn break!" Also there was no notice.

1 person likes this.
  5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I live in a condo so I get 'attempted delivery' shit posted all the time even though they never buzz our place and I even give them the access code so they can come in.

6. L'Incandescent

I'm in a condo too. But we've got PO boxes in the lobby, where the USPS letter carrier delivers mail on the reglar. This wasn't any kind of unusual package what required signature or anything. It was just a package that goes inside my mailbox. (It was perfumes.)

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't think the condo set-up has anything to do with it. USPS pulled this multiple times when I lived in an apartment with open access to the front door, and while I've lived in my current house (where the mail slot if right on my front porch). As L'Inc suggests, I suspect that when it happens they haven't even made it to the property at all.

I particularly like/get outraged by when they check the box for "business was closed".

8. L'Incandescent

FTR, they had delivered other mail to the condo building earlier in the day. It's pretty clear that they just neglected to deliver the package in question.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Maybe you should start using FTR instead of USPS. They sound more reliable.

2 people like this.
  10. L'Incandescent

Okay this is probably a fact known to all y'alls already but when USPS "leaves notice" they consider the package to have been delivered "on time." I can see why they'd want to do it that way for their own evaluation processes, but it does create some bad incentives.

1 person likes this.
  11. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

This is what just happened to me, except they said "receptacle blocked," because the mail carrier was too lazy to get the key and open the door.

12. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

This is what you sing to GF, isn't it?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Not when his mouth is full.

Ayyy-o!!!

:slayer:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Can you even fill a thimble?

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

16. double00

double00 Senior member

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I have what I consider to be The Perfect Pillow. Just enough firmness and cushion. I've had it for the past five years and I will use it until I perish from this earth.

18. L'Incandescent

Here's one thing that gets me to annoyed with certainty aforethought if you are in the left turn lane then you got to pay attention to the green arrow light so's that other men and women can get through the inner section. If you are sending tex messages you are not paying attention to the light. Today I had two cars ahead of me neither of them was paying attention in the left turn lane. When they eventually got on the road and I passed them up, the was both doing tex.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

And you bite it nightly?

20. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

When I'm at the front of the left turn lane, you can bet that my goal is to get as many cars behind me through that light as possible. The protected left is a limited and valuable resource.

6 people like this.