• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While interviewing for a position, the recruiter told me that he thought I'd be a better fit for a different position. That was discouraging, but I couldn't say no to an opportunity, so I told him I'd be interested in the other position as well.

Had my interview today and they want me to proceed to the next step and assigned me an Excel modeling task.

I'm doing it now and I ******* hate this ****. I know I'd be miserable doing this day in, day out.

Should I just drop out of the process?

Goddammit :fu:.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is it legal for them to only pay $5 per day for jury duty? Shouldn't they be bound by minimum wage or something?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While interviewing for a position, the recruiter told me that he thought I'd be a better fit for a different position. That was discouraging, but I couldn't say no to an opportunity, so I told him I'd be interested in the other position as well.

Had my interview today and they want me to proceed to the next step and assigned me an Excel modeling task.

I'm doing it now and I ******* hate this ****. I know I'd be miserable doing this day in, day out.

In my opinion, yes. Don't waste their time if you're not going to take the job. Also, it's not going to be any easier to say "no" if you go through the process and get an offer that looks really attractive, and you don't want to risk being tempted to take a job you'd hate for the money only to be in the same situation you're in now in a year.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How is it legal for them to only pay $5 per day for jury duty? Shouldn't they be bound by minimum wage or something?

Its your civic duty.

What next? You gonna ask for some government handouts for keeping your lawn mowed?

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its your civic duty.

What next? You gonna ask for some government handouts for keeping your lawn mowed?

Well then veterans should be exempt on account of enough civic duty for a lifetime. Also, we shouldn't have to pay taxes. Or follow traffic laws.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 a day for jury duty is probably on par for risk weighted military pay

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
At least I get half a day from work.

I like that it takes 4-6 weeks to even get your $5 per day. What a joke. I blame Conne for this type of governmental shennanigans.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lolololoolokolilol!

Edit - if you're lucky they might get you lunch from Subway. Lolololoolokolilol.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost out on a house today that we loved. Had the higher offer and larger down payment, but the seller picked the offer where the buyer waived financing contingency. Crazy.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, you know where they live...

1. Burn down the house
2. Call Harvey_Birdman
3. ???????
4. Profit

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a job. You are supposed to be miserable.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My students was all like "There are too many questions on your study guide for the final exam be making us know stuff from throughout the whole semester we have other classes too, you know." And I am like "Maybe y'alls do not understand the notion of final exam covers stuff from the whole semester sorry for the inconvenience."

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cumulative exams are lame. I always preferred courses with a cumulative project or paper and section exams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads