• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, sorry about that aravanel. Worst I've had was a smashed car window and a few charging cords stolen (they didn't even find the GPS... idiots).

Today's style-related thing that is pissing me off is gingham shirts with suit and tie.

I ain't gonna lie to you, betimes I do venture forth in gingham shirt with suit and tie.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dude aravanel. im so glad nothing bad really happened. I'm happy (and kind of surprised) the police were that active.

My place was broken into last month as were four others on my floor. The cops arrested the 14-year-old kid in my apt..(He has since been released and caught again breaking into some other places.)

I had a dozen or so cops in and out of my apt all day including forensics.

lefty

E TF

Reaction score
My father caught a 14-year-old burglar in his house once, kept him there till the police arrived. The boy lived around the corner and for years after when they'd pass each other in the street the kid would yell "grass!" at my dad, who would yell "thief!" back. I think they both got something from the relationship.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks guys. Its not a good feeling for sure. Especially in New York where your apartment is your one private space, you feel violated.

We are lucky though, no one home and not much taken. Just found out they broke into the folks above us as well, and it seems much worse there.

Was shocked at how quickly the police were there and how seriously they took it. Had beat cops, the beat cops' boss, detectives, and evidence collection people to dust for prints out.

sorry to hear about it, the sense of violation can be horrible, glad nobody was hurt and that none of your good stuff was taken

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife has turned into the text turd burglar. every time I'm in there enjoying a little quiet time, she finds a reason to bother me. I called her that a few minutes ago, and she gave a laugh that tells me she's going to do it on purpose from now on

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know what's been going on lately, but I just seem to be under some kind of dark cloud over the past few months. I've had a hell of a lot going on at work, some of it extremely stressful and difficult, which is one thing, but right at the same time there have been all these other things, some small headaches, some major dramas, some strange incidents, some big tragedies, all just kind of popping out of the woodwork. It's just strange how everything is happening all at the same time. I'll be in the middle of something stressful and "buh-ding!" I'll have a text message from a family member in the middle of a meltdown. WTF?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ara, glad to hear you're changing locks and the idea of a camera is probably pretty good...if for no other reason than an insurance claim if it should ever happen again.

Doug, sorry to hear all the bullshit you're going through. I know what it's like to have stretches like this. It just seems you're the only one with the big picture and everyone sees you in the vacuum/isolation with which they interact with you. Everyone wants your instant and total attention for their particular issue or problem and just wants to suck your psychic energy to the point where you cannot stand to look at anyone. I went through one of those stretches in October and November and it sucked. You'll get through it as that's the type of people we are.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aravenel its good you didn't get anything stolen and everyone is unharmed.

I hate reading about things like burglaries and pets dying. really spooks me sometimes.

when i lived in brooklyn I had this paradoxically safe feeling that the sheer amount of people buzzing around the apartment area made it more secure against burglaries. so often I would just leave my front door unlocked and walk the dog(s) for what I though would be a quick walk but would turn into something more than 30min and that creeping feeling of "if i just got all my **** stolen, its all my fault" would start and I'd head back to the house.

the other thing that sucks about apartment/condo/townhouse living? the fact that you're at the mercy of the neighbors for things like fires. back in williamsburg even on my street there was what seemed like a daily firetruck appearance. once the neighbors next door actually did leave a stove on and almost caused a huge fire (there was black smoke and everything).

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that my office gave people off for Ronald Regan Day. He was a great man and a great president, but after all of the Snowmagoggin days that people have taken, enough is enough. For some reason, people do not link the fact that if they don't work, we make no money, we cannot afford you any more, and goodbye.

Also, more Snowmagoggin days tomorrow and likely Friday. :fu:

Off to #MBFW now. Maybe the tents will elevate my mood.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I cannot believe that my office gave people off for Ronald Regan Day. He was a great man and a great president, but after all of the Snowmagoggin days that people have taken, enough is enough. For some reason, people do not link the fact that if they don't work, we make no money, we cannot afford you any more, and goodbye.

Also, more Snowmagoggin days tomorrow and likely Friday. :fu:

Off to #MBFW now. Maybe the tents will elevate my mood.

I'm at work today but get a floating holiday for future use. Thanks President Lincoln! And thanks to President Washington, I will have a real holiday on Monday.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that why there was no traffic this morning?

Didn't even realize it was a thing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddie1776