1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

Microsoft SharePoint.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Not quite sure what it is yet, but something has me in a free-form state of pissiness.

3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

He gave a talk at my school. I actually got to meet him beforehand and ask him questions. I respect him as a philosopher, but I have to say, I was very disappointed when I met him. My last name is a Korean and Chinese name, more commonly Chinese, but the first thing he asked me after I shook his hand was if I had ever visited China. I politely informed him that I hadn't, and that my last name is both Korean and Chinese, said that I was excited to attend his lecture, and excused myself.

Why did this piss you off? He was paying you a compliment, assuming you weren't Korean.

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

(First post woo!)

Biochemistry professors who (might) know what they're talking about, but have no clue how to teach, piss me off to no end. Also, their final examinations for a "case-based" class that's required for the biology major that involves remembering proteins & pathways involved in cancer. Ridiculous.

5. cerfvolant

cerfvolant Well-Known Member

Laptops speakers are gone! Can't send it away for repair because I have finals coming up and need it to study for classes. Bloody brilliant timing! Arghhhhhhhhhhh.

6. Korben

Korben Senior member

People that think the flu shot can give you the flu.

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Med-mal lawyers, Non-Uniform Interrogatories, Uniform Interrogatories, and request for Production. Fuck off, you idiots are just trying to intimidate and bother working people.
    I'm shocked at what's allowed in civil discovery.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm shocked at what's allowed in civil discovery.

I've been told the strategy is to scare, intimidate, and/or generally annoy the defendants. I'm sure that it has worked in the past to great effect on some folks. It just amuses me as we figure out how to impeded the unspoken hopes of a fishing expedition. It does waste considerable man hours and copy paper though.

9. tor

tor Senior member

Why did this piss you off? He was paying you a compliment, assuming you weren't Korean.
    Har har har. I just mentioned it because Conne mentioned Plantinga. It didn't really have any sort of effect on me. I've had enough white people mistake me for Chinese that it really doesn't faze me. Shit, I've seen just about every single kind of Asian mistaken for a Chinese person that it really doesn't bother me. Although, let's be honest, a lot of Korean people do suck. I generally go on that assumption, which is why I don't hang out with Korean people. Which brings me to what's pissing me off: this pack of Korean people who only hang out with each other always give me weird looks whenever I pass them on campus. You think I'm going to feel pressure to hang out with you just because our parents came from the same country at one point? I have nothing in common with them, yet they always look at me like I should feel this great affinity. Christoff, it pisses me off.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It takes waaaaaaaaaaay too long to scan negatives using an Epson 3200 scanner... [​IMG] And I'm stuck in this photo lab for hours, so utterly bored...

11. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

There are few things more enjoyable than being under warm covers in a room that's approaching 0.

Hate this. My room is super cold and I always wake up in the wee hours of the morning with a cold face [​IMG]

12. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Hate this. My room is super cold and I always wake up in the wee hours of the morning with a cold face [​IMG]

Cue random SF members wanting to "warm you up"

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Cue random SF members wanting to "warm you up"

You ruined it, asshole. [​IMG]

14. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

You ruined it, asshole. [​IMG]

I am in a generally pissy mood this week anyway [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Torrents with 15 seeders and 465 leachers... [​IMG]

16. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Thought I had all of next week off except Friday, turns out 2 of my finals have been rescheduled to Wednesday and Thursday so I only get Monday off. [​IMG]

17. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Thought I had all of next week off except Friday, turns out 2 of my finals have been rescheduled to Wednesday and Thursday so I only get Monday off. [​IMG]
    Have two 4hr finals this week....

18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Have two 4hr finals this week....

+1 both are comprehensive and one that isn't comp. The 2 comprehensive tests are the hardest class I have ever taken.

19. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

+1 both are comprehensive and one that isn't comp. The 2 comprehensive tests are the hardest class I have ever taken.
    Two comps here too that rep. 100% of grade = teh suck. I feel for you. Focus! Focus! My problem of late.

20. romafan

romafan Senior member

F#cking rain. Just found out we have a (major) leak in dining room ceiling. Hopefully light fixture OK....[​IMG]