1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Driving in a parking lot person comes right at me on the wrong side of path pert near hits me she's got a look of anger on her visage like that she thinks I'm to blame. Later when we are both out of our cars she is like "You got to stay out my way!" And I was like "Your way is on the right side not on the left we have a system for that works perty well." She was like "Well I don't care what you call it long as you stay out of my way!"

2. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

So you met the wife

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Food service people who don' t know the difference between toast and warmed bread.

4. otc

otc Senior member

If she needs a mastectomy, I know a really excellent nipple reconstruction tattoo artist (no joak). Don't let the hospital put a misplaced pink dot on there and call it good.

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Please tell me that you asked for toast and got warmed bread and not the other way around.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Ha - yes. My sandwich bread was supposed to be toasted, but it was just warmed. This happens a lot. If the texture hasn't changed, it's not toasted.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Goddamn inadvertent whistle singlehandedly cost me my fantasy win this week. Fuckface ref. Fucked up af goddamn.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Favorite comment that I saw about "inadvertent whistle" that I saw online:

"Whistle was correctly blown. The play was getting out of hand and the ref probably kept someone from getting injured. He did the right thing."

1 person likes this.
  9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I'm sometimes ok with warmed bread instead of toast. Depends on my mood and what I'm having. For a saunguich it has to be toasted, but if it's just on the side for breakfast or something then warm bread is nice.

10. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

That kid with the disassembled clock is suing the city for $10mil and $5mil from the school.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Legit. I wasn't making some universal value judgment. It's just that when I specifically order my sammich on toasted bread the bread should be al dente.

1 person likes this.
  12. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

A platonic form is the essence of something, it is what makes the object that particular object. The form is immaterial and can only be known by reason. For example toast is only a copy of actual toast only by thinking of toast in terms of the potential of the bread can we actually see the toast. Toastiness transcends to all things that look toasty, so toast is manifested on the sandwich,with bacon and eggs or with creamed beef in its most superior manifestation sos, but these are only transcended copies of the actual toast

13. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I took a half-day from work figuring I'd take my wife to a movie. The main drain apparently clogged up and flooded the basedment. The plumber gave us an 8 hour window, so I was stuck sitting here waiting for them to come fix it.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So you like your beef creamed, huh

15. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

16. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Prolly should see a urologist bout dat clogged main drain.

1 person likes this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

They say that suicide rates are always highest during holidays and now I think I know why.

It's all these ASPCA and Wounded Warrior commercials :fu:

2 people like this.
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Or..... Most families suck.

2 people like this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Just made an emergency ingredient run to the grocery store. Fucking pigs that empty their ashtrays in parking lots. Some hugely fat, greasy looking fuck was leaning out of his piece of shit and dumping a tray full of butts on a nice, clean, DCG median with a smoke hanging out of his gaping yap.

20. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Having Thanksgiving dinner with my girl and her parents. Her father chews with his mouth open. Her mother talks with her mouth full. It won't be myself, but I might be forced to kill someone.

1 person likes this.