1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

EdinaFails.com
    Edinatlanta.Fail

ConneVirgin.com

etc...

1 person likes this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

piobandharveydrinklikeheros.com

1 person likes this.
  3. otc

otc Senior member

I have firstlast@gmail.com That's all I need. Although I don't actually use it...just check in every once and a while to see what kind of weird shit people have mailed to old men who share my name and thought it was their email address.

Nah, you keep it parked with whatever registrar you want, and then let google host the mail side (I think it is free for personal domains). You get the full gmail interface (plus calendaring, access to gchat using that account, access to other google services using it, etc) or you can connect to it with a pop/imap client.

I forget exactly why, but the standard recommendation has always been to keep your website at a separate registrar from whoever is hosting your services.

4. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Hotmail remains the tits IMO. Clunky old and easy. F gmail with all its features.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Can't wait until summer is over.

1 person likes this.
  6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

So much gas built up. Can't wait to get into mah car and release the kraken.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

IBS...

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

On Sunday in my hometown (St. Louis) a 93 year old Tuskegee Airman got lost looking for his daughter's home. When he stopped to call her, he got robbed. Then he drove to a different neighborhood, where he saw some people and asked them for directions. They stole his car. That sort of thing makes it hard for me to be a cheerleader for the city just basically gets me to pissed off.

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I had the great honor of meeting a couple Tuskegee Airmen recently. They were still very sharp and had some great stories. What kind of person robs a 93 year old man? I ask because my 93 year old grandmother was robbed a couple years ago. They probably pawned the stuff, which obviously held a strong sentimental value, for pennies on the dollar.

10. L'Incandescent

What do you even say to a person who robs a 93 year old man? Like do you say "You should be ashamed of yourself." Or "You should know better than to rob a 93 year old man." Or "Even if you want money real bad you should not take it by force from a 93 year old man."

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

"How much did you get from him?"

1 person likes this.
  12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Since I'm in RI, I had to miss Kylie Jenner's 18th bday bash in QC.

13. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

My dad is buying the sport car of his dreams after dropping me off at the airport this weekend. Why he couldn't have bought it before I was on vacation with him for a week is beyond me...now I won't be able to drive it for like 9 months

14. SirReveller

Ya furgot the best part
    ...and the car is??

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

L'inc's Maybach Firebird

16. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I'd wager keeping it all to himself was the point.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    2 people like this.
  17. L'Incandescent

My university han switch to Microsoft Office for e-mail service. Now whenever there's a new e-mail in my account my computer makes a sound be like chimes or something. Never in my life have I failed to notice a e-mail for lack of chimes, but apparently this has been a problem for the wider e-mail using community. If they got to have a sound they could at least play like a Vinnie Vincent guitar solo or something, you know what I'm saying?

EDIT: Okay just went to Settings turned off the chimes now I feel better and can get on with my day.

1 person likes this.
  18. OmniscientCause

Nah he's not like that...my mom wasn't letting him spend the money on it but he pulled an executive decision in the last week and decided he was getting one. The one he agreed on sold so now it's getting pushed back a week and has agreed on another one. So I don't fee as bad about missing it

19. SirReveller

That's good. Unless your son is retarded ya gotta let him rip the fam's best vehicle.

1 person likes this.
  20. OmniscientCause

Sorry didn't see your other post. It's a Porsche Caymen S. He always wanted a 911 but has liked this since they started making it a few years back