1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It was an investment bank, not a tech company. And I'm no fan of Ellen Pao, but you come by your expert knowledge of the underlying facts, which are so unclearly untainted by oersonal bias how, exactly?

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

He's not dead yet, is he?
    I was lucky enough to see him in the '80's with both Rainbow and Deep Purple.

1 person likes this.
  3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Kleiner perkins isn't an investment bank.

1 person likes this.
  4. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Slow your role chief. I may have muddied the story but you arnt making it any better. She worked for a vc not an ibank and the vc invested in Silicon Valley tech companies.

I read several articles on wsj and overheard the story on msnbc enough to formulate an opinion.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think my sesame seed consumption is becoming a problem. The Korean bodega I buy them told me I bought literally all of these sesame seeds in a short amount of time. The guy asked me, what the hell do you do with these? I just put them on my salad and didn't realize my consumption of them was abnormal. There were a few circumstances where I thought it might be a problem recently, but I won't go into why, but yeah, I must eat a lot of them.

5 people like this.
  6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You're right, VC not i-bank. All money guys (and gals) to me, and I conflated the teo. Thanks for the correction.
    I don't claim to know anything about the underlying facts, but I've been around enough cases that got some press coverage to be willing to bet my left nut that what ypu read and heard iin the press contains some major inaccuracies (cutting in which direction, I couldn't say), leaving aside the separate issue of who is lying (the answer may well be "every god damn one of them".)

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Dishonest bankers who would have thought

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you're the best

I think my top current SF posters would be (and no offense to the assholes i left out)

1. L'Inc
    2. PB
    3. LD/HB/Piob/GF/OTC/Bios/Nv7

1 person likes this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I am honoured to even tie for third. I'm humbled and will give it 110% from here on in.

3 people like this.
  10. OmniscientCause

My biggest issue isn't that she's a chick and tried to work the system which is currently in her favor for most court cases it's the fact she filed suit because she felt entitled. Entitlement in my generation and the generation and I guess people 10 or so years older than me, is out of control. I see it everyday and it irks me when people take the easy way out or free ryde

There is something wrong with me when the most exciting part of my day is coming home to run 6 miles after work.

The fact jcrew sent a return shipping slip for something I ordered final sale...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just FYI I'm fixin' to make some posts with one hand tied behind my back see if I can still make good posts of which engage the people.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Okay I just went to Starbuck to acquire a brew. I asked for blonde roast but they gave me Pike instead said it was late in the day and they only had Pike. I got a little PO'd you know what I said? I said "Aww man I prefer dat blonde brew!" And then the barista was like "Tough beans! Get it, beans as in coffee!!!"

2 people like this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

She sounds like a roasted blonde.

2 people like this.
  14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Speaking of roasted, y'all realize Roastedbaire wouldn't have made it onto da list (honored to have made it, by da way) if it weren't for yours truly continually putting him in place. Otherwise, his presence would fade into obscurity (quite a feat, given his large 'presence,' 'naw mean?)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

A medium rare turd from the 7/04/15 bowel movement of patrickPOOT, liberally sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.

A delectable delight.

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

GF was complaining about all the meetings (6) he has. I just checked. Next week I have 48 meetings on my calendar. At least 17 of them are weekly or bi-weekly recurring.

17. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have like 6 meetings today alone.

This reminds me, when my old boss and myself were interviewing people for my old job this one guy was really insistent on us giving him an estimate of how many meetings he will have to attend in the average month. I thought this was so bizarre. Other things he said led me to believe he was kind of retarded so obviously he didn't get the job.

18. otc

otc Senior member

Fucking security questions that don't have good answers.

[​IMG]

I literally don't have an answer for any of these.
    Either
    - I don't know the answer
    - I know for sure that I won't remember my answer (or it won't have changed) in 3 years when I need to answer one of these
    - The answer is so easy as to be insecure.

What is your favorite charity? seriously?

1 person likes this.
  19. OmniscientCause

Haha, if you actually looked like a celebrity why would you choose that for a security question...

20. otc

otc Senior member

You figure that security questions are mean't to prevent automated attacks (just knowing your password but logging in from a strange IP will trip up a machine) or to provide some security against password-reset attacks or social engineering (can't reset the password without knowing detailed personal info).

The first method is stopped with any random question. Even "are you a man or a woman?" would work against a bot that is working off a list of stolen passwords and emails.

But the second scenario implies that the attacker already knows something about you. This is how they got into celebrities Apple accounts.
    Half of this shit you could find on my facebook profile (and maybe you have already compromised my facebook, or that of one of my friends)...the other half I literally don't even know. I mean, I could tell you what state I was in for NYE 2000...but so could anyone who knows anything about me. Anything more detailed and it is just a guess and I will guess differently in the future. 3rd grade teacher? She must have sucked because I remember 1st and 2nd, but not her.

They should just ask me for dick measurements. Way more secure.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.