• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Lotta hoo-hoo-hoo'in. Not enough ho-ho-ho'in.

(cryin' vs. cristhamumum)

it does sound like you've been up to quite a bit of this.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How does one go from hoo-hoo-hoo'in to Crimmusing [that is being joyus of spirit]?

Basically you just have some byrrh should do the trick.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How many times has this actually happened??? Did they excuse you over and over because your horns scared them?

only every time i have had jury duty.

they never mentioned my horns, but i would assume my yarmulke and the fact i am clearly a religious jew does turn off at least one side from ever picking me. either that or the fact that i keep putting my hands in my armpits and then smelling them, ala that SNL skit.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it does sound like you've been up to quite a bit of this.

All day 'er day. I've slowed down a lot. Although I do beat biscotti's raw number and I did it in a year. I have stories that I won't post online. Makes me hoo hoo

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Come, they told you

pah rum pum pum pum pummmm

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

only every time i have had jury duty.

they never mentioned my horns, but i would assume my yarmulke and the fact i am clearly a religious jew does turn off at least one side from ever picking me. either that or the fact that i keep putting my hands in my armpits and then smelling them, ala that SNL skit.

Oh, now that's a neat trick! Okay, so I don't know if I can convincingly pull off the whole yarmulke thing, but I can try the Mary Catherine Gallagher armpit maneuver. Thanks for the tip...you should be a life coach!

(Oh, and shomer Shabbos!)

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
all you people bitching about losing the Christmas spirit should get with the program and embrace this as your chance to keep the GDP up and help the retailers stay afloat another year. bonus points for supporting your local artisans (Bobalu cigars) and multinational conglomerates masquerading under the Shop Small banner (Hallmark greeting cards who do you think you're kidding?). anyway turn off the Charlie Brown Christmas, get boozed up like Bhowie and hang some mistletoe from your back belt loop. only two more days until another 365 days until Christmas.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is it just me or are most Christmas songs just a bunch of mopey-ass dirges?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh shoot me now. smooth jazz elevator Christmas muzak.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I understand the local benefit of supporting your local mom and pop, and the long term effects of it, however I think in order to facilitate upwards momentum in the stock market (market for businesses) you should spend it at large retailers. It is weird, the "market" looks to the sales of target, best buy, department stores and all of these huge stores as a proxy for sales and economic health. Kind of bullshit, especially when people with a good deal of money buy products from local merchants who deal with products that aren't listed on any exchange. For example, if I spend $50,000 at Leffot on shoes that wouldn't be reflected in any sales numbers and have no immediate impact on the stock market which could potentially crash if Express Men, and J.C. Penny has a ****** year.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried to shop at major retailers (purchase a bottle of Womanity) but they were all like "I have never even heard of that are you sure you are not hallucinating a product what doesn't really exist?" And so I bought it from a small retailer (where they tried to tell me it was discontinued bullshit it is not).

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree it's often crass, and the gift giving can get ridiculous (though I'm pretty fortunate in that regard). Still, I like Christmastime, and it's even more fun when you have a kid.

Also, all the grumbling about it reminded me of a song. This one's for you, pB:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads