1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i hate fucking redditors. CEO comes out and apologizes, lists a few concrete things they'll do to fix things, and of course it's only a money grubbing move to appease a user base they dont give a shit about anymore.

sure. ok then

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

So much bureaucracy.. so many processes.. so many people and doors you have to go through to do the simplest of things. So many unnecessary people involved in projects so they can give status updates on status updates to other PMO people who need to give status updates to other departments..

Shit here easily takes 3-4X longer than they would in a smaller company.

And oh my holy hell, the MEETINGS. SO MANY MEETINGS. I've only been here for 1 week and my calendar already has 5-6 recurring weekly meetings. WTFFFFF

Week 2, Day 8.

Week 2, Day 8.

Noap.

And no free breakfast, lunch, snacks.. and worst of all.. no free Chobani :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Something pricks are constantly quoting out of context to mean the wrong thing.

1 person likes this.
  4. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Yeah, but in theory your company has money and resources to do a wider variety of shit at once. Wait until executives take a strong interest in your products and decide to be up in your shit with no idea how stuff actually gets done but decide to tell you how to get it done.

Also, I like meetings - sure I have to update people on what's going on, but I also get to direct the core teams on what to go execute on. When I'm not in meetings, I'm generally working on tedious bullshit I wish I had a minion for.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Reminds me of that great saw from Mark Twain: "In my time, I have found that some nearly half of all quotes from me on the Internet are wrong."

2 people like this.
  6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

HAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit that suit in the Suit Supply carousel is ridiculously affected and bad. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SF you're jumping the shark

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Didn't you like...know about this going in? You are working for a large company now. Shit just doesn't get the green light because you want it to. Re-fucking-lax.
    You have been there 45 minutes.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

GF, are you part of a PMO? Because if you are, the reason you have a job is to provide those aforementioned status updates...

9. brokencycle

I think he's on the product side so his job is to make sure that the PMO can complete their status updates.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

This is correct. Quite frankly we don't need the PMO team involved in our product development cycle. We already have head IT / Developers who manage the developer team. The PMO guys just suck our time getting status updates from us on a weekly basis.

Multiply this across several product initiatives and I'm spending several hours per week just giving status updates. Such a time suck.

11. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

The line for the sushi burrito place that just opened up was like 50 deep out of the door when I went to grab a coffee

Gf, how is prov? Or are you commuting from Boston?

12. brokencycle

I warned you of this shit, brohammer.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Oh what the fuck, man.

2 people like this.
  14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is that like a burrito filled with sushi? :confused:

15. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Okay so I publish a "zine" on fashion and amenadees got a pretty good following to it. (No I am not trying to compete with Styleforum don't want to "get the boot" like some posters from olden times.) I use the photocopier at the office to produce the pages of my zine, but now all of a sudden the powers that be have declared that my zine is not "work product" and so I'm not allowed to use the copier. This might mean the end of my zine.

1 person likes this.
  17. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

No it's like one giant sushi roll in the shape of a burrito

http://www.eatburedo.com

[​IMG]

18. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Looks alright I'd give it a try. Btw oc I think your avatar used to work with my avatar

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I got an apartment on the east side but I haven't been able to move in just yet because of renovations and inspection bullshit. Can't say I've experienced the pvd lifestyle just yet.

Ehh, fuck it. It's still good experience and I get to partake in some nice training courses that cost a pretty penny. And yeah, I knew this would be the case going in, I just didn't think I'd have so many recurring, stupid meetings.

--

Also pissing me off: just got diagnosed with strep throat. Again. Second time in a year. Thankfully I caught it early on and got me some antibiotics. Hopefully it won't progress as much as it did half a year ago. My god, the pain was unbearable back then.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I wonder if people with low T are more susceptible to strep throat?