• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^Thanks, stitch. Wife has a jeweller she uses so I'm saving you for my second wife.

^ Gets worse. Explain the situation to the leftette who says, "easy solution, say yes to the place I want to buy in Nicaragua."

I may need stitch sooner than later.

lefty

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha!

I will be here whenever you need me.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone in my office be like "c-c-c-can't wait till they excuse us for the holiday wanna get outta this workspace! Oh how I want to stop my laboring wanna go home relax!" And I'm basically be like "Come on guys toughen up a little."

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Everyone in my office be like "c-c-c-can't wait till they excuse us for the holiday wanna get outta this workspace! Oh how I want to stop my laboring wanna go home relax!" And I'm basically be like "Come on guys toughen up a little."

You must be working with a bunch of hardcore sissypants if they need you to tell them to toughen up.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hehehe when I first read that I almost thought you were suggesting that I was a sissypants, but just a little bit less of a sissypants than my co-workers of office!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It pisses me off that soju and sake are marked up so much in America.

$13 for a bottle of soju that normally costs 3 bucks in Korea?

**** that noise!

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who ******* cares? Ain't you a high roller? I never even look at a check before I throw my card and I'm blue collar as **** (and probably make more money :) )

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

It pisses me off that soju and sake are marked up so much in America.

$13 for a bottle of soju that normally costs 3 bucks in Korea?

**** that noise!

All the more reason not to drink that awful stuff. (Soju that is. I like sake.)

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who ******* cares? Ain't you a high roller? I never even look at a check before I throw my card and I'm blue collar as **** (and probably make more money :) )

I spend my money according to personal perceived value.

I don't value soju at those prices, especially since I know it's a very cheap type of liquor that's marked up insanely high here -- higher than other types of liquor are.

I'm more lenient in terms of price when it comes to sake, cause you can actually discern the quality and taste based on brand. With soju? Not so much.

All the more reason not to drink that awful stuff. (Soju that is. I like sake.)

I'm pretty ambivalent about soju -- for the most part, I enjoy how easy it is to down. It sneaks up on you, too, so people get easily trashed because they don't think it's as high proof as it really is.

I like sake a bit more than soju, but both aren't the types of alcohol I ever actively seek out. Tonight just happens to be a night where my buddies want to meet up at a Korean restaurant and I was browsing their menu.

$13!?!

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is NYC we're talking about :satisfied:.

Last edited:

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
13/bottle for a restaurant is cheap.

There is a difference in soju especially when you change the base grains.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

13/bottle for a restaurant is cheap.

There is a difference in soju especially when you change the base grains.

Please let this be your last sober post of the night. It's 7 o clock on a Friday. You should be too busy pissing your pants and holding in your puke to be teaching us about soju

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my opinion, $13 per bottle is not too bad for soju. What a lot of people maybe don't realize is that you can see quite a difference in quality once you change the "base grains."

EDIT: Oh, I see that Bhowie has already posted this insight.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get back out there, sissypants

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm used to seeing it at $8 a bottle, but again, this is NYC so there's that.

I've heard of sojus that are fermented with potatoes / sweet potatoes. Never had any of that so I'm curious to try it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads