• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

So I am working on a community service project with some friends. We are renovating a room in a Children's Services/orphanage in Philadelphia and we are trying to come up with some money to do it and to donate to the organization, but we are having a tough time. We are scheduled to begin working next Sunday, but we have practically zero dollars with a goal of $5,000. I don't know what to do at this point. I guess I could remind family and such it can reduce their tax liability if they donate now.

FB your need for funds with pictures of sad kids. Get your FB friends to share it. Problem solved.

I found a bag of dog poop in my empty recycling can last night that had been set out Thursday morning for recycling collection.

It's a big blue ******* can with the recycling arrows symbol on it in huge white print. It's Thursday. If you're walking your dog in my neighborhood it's your recycling day too, fuckstick. You know better.

People are ******* animals. I'd love to find the asshole who did that just to see his face when I caught him in the act.

Look on the bright side: it was not a bag of gravel.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the schools saw the forecast (broke with a chance of bankruptcy) and decided it was best to close.

The inner city kids had to walk/bus to school today. It was the rich white kids who didn't have it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It often behappens that I mix up my websites. Specifically, when I get it in my head to check styleforum, I will type in the address for uni-watch (website devoted to sports uniforms) and vice versa. I think it's because they're both forums about garment. I've probably done this a hundred times and I still haven't learned. Gets me PO'd with myself.

Your writing is so terrible, there is no way you could be in a position of educational authority in the U.S. classroom.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell you something right here and now edinatlanta maybe your right I don't speak the language of English with professioncy but I do speak the language of the heart like nobodys business! And in the times of today that's what our youth really need (talking about the language of the heart).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Why don't you donate. Only a week left to reduce your tax liability. Plus, I don't have a facebook

Charity budget maxed this year and I'm not some loser that waits until the last week of the year to tax plan.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tell you something right here and now edinatlanta maybe your right I don't speak the language of English with professioncy but I do speak the language of the heart like nobodys business! And in the times of today that's what our youth really need (talking about the language of the heart).

I have seen the light sir--all because of you. <3

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

oh god this is the day I fear most during the holidays.... my wife's college friends' christmas party is tonight. these are the dullest people in the world- its like the hall of fame of dull people there, and some of them bring their bratty kids with them too. kids that they have to chase around and indulge which makes me wonder why they bring their kids and why are you here just to ignore your friends? and making conversations with them is so difficult, probably since they lack a sense of humor.

to top it off no one there drinks. absolutely no one. last year was fine since they did it in a restaurant and I got to load up on beer. this time its in someone's house and the only booze they'll probably serve is some $5 grocery wine.

Be strong, little buckaroo.

So I am working on a community service project with some friends. We are renovating a room in a Children's Services/orphanage in Philadelphia and we are trying to come up with some money to do it and to donate to the organization, but we are having a tough time. We are scheduled to begin working next Sunday, but we have practically zero dollars with a goal of $5,000. I don't know what to do at this point. I guess I could remind family and such it can reduce their tax liability if they donate now.

Good on you, but if you want to get on a board you're going to have to learn to bring the dollahs.

Your writing is so terrible, there is no way you could be in a position of educational authority in the U.S. classroom.

Have you been in many U.S. classrooms lately?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doing laundry last night...pulled out a shirt with a stain and though "darn". Then the next shirt had a similar stain...wtf? Altogether, I noticed this **** on 6 shirts (possible I missed it on others, one was really bad but others were only moderate). And several of them were favorites.

Must have been something in the machine or the dryer...didn't look like it originated on one of the shirts, and I didn't find anything left behind. Appeared to be oil/greasy in nature (like petroleum car grit, not food grease), and I only tumble dress shirts for a few minutes, so it wasn't baked in. I spent an hour attacking them with an ex gf's toothbrush and some diluted dawn and washed them again...it seems like it all came out, but it was not how I wanted to spend my evening :(
Was worried there that I was going to have to buy a bunch of new shirts...

Speaking of which, anyone have a current favorite MTM maker that will produce a shirt in a wearable fabric for $100 or less?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads