• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Basically starting in the 80's, going into finance became a more and more rewarding option. Prior to that, someone with strong quantitative skills and a good education had a bunch of different options that all paid relatively similar salaries. All sorts of science and research and engineering roles where people actually invented or produced things. Now those jobs pay notably less than what a PhD would make if he moved into finance/securities consulting or hedge fund roles.

I know a number of people with Math/Physics PhDs that fall into this category. It's sad.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to love the holidays because I would get money from people, more and more I am realizing that I have become the person who is now giving the money and not receiving it. The holidays suck.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I used to love the holidays because I would get money from people, more and more I am realizing that I have become the person who is now giving the money and not receiving it. The holidays suck.

Did you hear that LD got invited to become a board member?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

crackup%5B1%5D.gif

physicists....... thinking only they get it. theory's are,well,  theory's.
what makes one think that anyone with a certain capability of intelligence can't look at this and say "well, you guys are dreaming up b.s." and descending a legitimate science in to fiction.
there is no comparison to Einstien, he remained practical. or Tesla (an experimental engineer)- more my hero, and i'm sure he could understand the science of physics. as do i. and i'm no Tesla.

Of course this guy is a Tesla worshiper. Nothing else would have made sense.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Which means I'll be hitting pB up for money, too.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Stupidly clicked a link posted by a FB friend to a news story about a shooting at a Denver-area school. Even more stupidly, let my eye wander down to the reader comments, where the usual bipartisan assortment of ghoulish dipshits were clearly overjoyed at having a new venue to conduct the exact same infantile gun control "debate" they carry on in every such circumstance.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So I broke up with my gf last night. It did not end well.

I'm sure she felt relieved meng.

seriously, sorry to hear that... will you be going out and be slayin' some beetchez soon?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Stupidly clicked a link posted by a FB friend to a news story about a shooting at a Denver-area school. Even more stupidly, let my eye wander down to the reader comments, where the usual bipartisan assortment of ghoulish dipshits were clearly overjoyed at having a new venue to conduct the exact same infantile gun control "debate" they carry on in every such circumstance.

meanwhile, news in our parts have mentioned that our government has a department that hires an army of trolls just to do reader comments in local news sites that agrees with them/praises them/**** on the president's picture and diss the other side. man, I wish I was also paid to do that.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how often Microsoft Word documents end up not getting saved, even after the save button is pressed. It never happens to me (must have an elite computer), but it happens to my students a lot.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm amazed at how often Microsoft Word documents end up not getting saved, even after the save button is pressed. It never happens to me (must have an elite computer), but it happens to my students a lot.

This generation's "My dog ate my homework."

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

For one of the projects I am on, we have a daily morning update call. The thing is, the call is at 8:30, prior to the traditional 9am start of day. I have a bit of a gripe with that but can live with it, particularly when the project is reaching critical milestones; however, the call is every day, milestones or not. As a result, the call often isn't necessary. At 8:30 I'm in the car and much prefer to have a nice relaxing drive into the office. I also doubt that everyone's additional time is being charged back to the project and being captured in resource loading.

Now the part that really annoys me is this...if you're going to have the daily call...at 8:30...on people's personal time...the organizer should never, ever, ever be late at all. The organizer should be calling-in at 8:25. Nobody should ever have to wait. 3-4 minutes late and you've just wasted 20% of what is supposed to be the call time. The way our conference call system works, everyone will be on hold until the host calls in. If everyone calls in exactly on time and the host is late, I'm pretty ******* annoyed.

On top of that, there is always a good song on that I end up having to miss.

Dude I get so :fu: every time I have to hear "you will be placed into conference whenever the chairperson arrives."

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just found out two people died in my line of work this past week in my region.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course this guy is a Tesla worshiper. Nothing else would have made sense.

I loved david bowie as tesla!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

notes:

- the Prestige is one of those movies that if I see it on cable I'll hit the record button on the DVR so i can watch it in parts again.
- bowie as tesla was the best part
- if you notice bowie has different colored eyes, heterochromia.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads