1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

apparently they owe $730 million for like 1500 songs

1 person likes this.
  2. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

My dog just ate whole, cooked chicken legs off the counter. I sure hope I don't have to take him to the vet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

why would eating chicken make your dog sick?

4. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Cooked bones can easily splinter and puncture his intestines.

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I should not even read the listserv at my workplace just gives me a lowered view of my colleagues and their ability to use their mentes to proper effect.

1 person likes this.
  6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Maybe they could make good on this problem by jerking off the people that they have wronged. How many handjobs does $730 m represent ?

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

This is a massive issue right now in copyright law. The Copyright Royalty Board currently has proposals for what SoundExchange will be able to collect with respect to artist royalties .. which up until now has been entirely opaque except to those of us who work in this area and even then we have only circumstantial evidence as to what's been going on. The meetings and hearings will be held next year… wait and see.

I believe they haven't yet factored in the dick size to hand job ratio … you know, not all dicks are equally jobbed. :p

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It depends on region, of course, but I would venture to say that the average hand job runs between $50-$100. For something decent, but not overly so. Sure, you can probably get a crack-ho to jerk you off for a sawbuck, but that's probably not even worth the effort.

So being generous at $100 a pop, that's still 7.3 million hand jobs. That's a lot of lube and :foo:

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Motherfuckers keep talking about adding sales tax to lawyer's fees in PA. You sons of bitches, I already pay income taxes. You want me to pay sales tax on TOP of the fucking income tax you ruthless fuck-cunts steal from me every year? As if that won't get passed on to clients. You dumb fucking cunts.

2 people like this.
  10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Today I told a guy that I only use Tom Ford soaps just bring a cleanliness aforethought to my body. He says "Man you are getting ripped off that is bullshit soap." I said "If you don't like it why don't you leave America go to a country where everyone is required by law to use the same soap!" But then he said "Why don't you leave America move to a country where people aren't allowed to express their views on soap as guaranteed in the First Amendment to the US Constitution!" I had to admit he had a point.

1 person likes this.
  11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Tom Ford soaps your body?

12. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I only use tom ford soap. I like the type with the built-in bleaching mechanism...gets me ready for a night out on the town, if you know what I mean.

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't know what you mean

1 person likes this.
  14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:facepalm: oh jeezus… you'll be sorry you asked.. I hope you're joking. Yes you must be joking. lol

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. MrG

MrG Senior member

My wife and I are supposed to be going out to celebrate our anniversary tonight. The babysitter, who is supposed to be here at 6:00, just sent my wife a message and to let her know she got called into work.

What the fuck? Why did you commit to us if you knew you might have to work? We've got dinner reservations and a kid who was very excited about having a babysitter for the evening (and we've been looking forward to this for weeks). We get out without the kids maybe every month or two, and anniversaries only happen once a year. Seriously, fuck you.

What the hell happened to honoring one's commitments?

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Really? I don;t think that the babysitter thought she would have to work. Sounds like an unfortunate situation.
    And she is honoring her commitments......she is going to work.

17. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Sweet jesus. It was a joke.

1 person likes this.
  18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I miss the days of looking forward to a night with the hot baby sitter.

1 person likes this.
  19. MrG

MrG Senior member

The nature of her primary work is that she knows ahead of time if she's on call, so either she knew this could happen and didn't tell us or she got offered a shift and bailed on us because she'd make more by going into work. If it's the former, she should have mentioned it when she said she'd be here. That way, we could either have looked elsewhere or been prepared to cancel. If it's the latter, she wasn't committed to work; she was committed to us. It may make sense from a purely rational standpoint to take the most money, but she is still fucking us over in the process and failing to keep her commitment.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Sucks, G. Hope you can find coverage and get out for some anniversary fun.

1 person likes this.