Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

[​IMG]

Just my favorite in season veggie.

I made some the other night, to go with our filets. Pan steamed them quickly, then drizzled some premium olive oil on them, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, toasted pine nuts, and some crumbled Cotswold cheese. Teh win.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I made some the other night, to go with our filets. Pan steamed them quickly, then drizzled some premium olive oil on them, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, toasted pine nuts, and some crumbled Cotswold cheese. Teh win.

Dude you are my kinda guy. I love Cotswold. And when asparagus is in season, I eat it probably 5 nights a week. Totally overkill. SoCal probably owes me at least 3 pairs of shoes or something.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Placed gixen proxy bid on a whim on Rafaelle Caruso suit (BNWT) for 77 dollars hoping to flip. It sold for 77 dollars. To someone else. Profit lost! Opportunity for someone to get a cheap suit on B&S lost! FML!

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

So I'm jogging today, for probably the first time in a month (at least). The heat index is ninety-five and I'm going up and down Tallahassee's considerable hills. I'm just starting up the hill that goes back to my house when some asshole in a pickup stops his truck in middle of the road and asks me for two bucks. I'm wearing board shorts and a t-shirt. I stop and pant out:

"Are you fucking kidding? Does it look like I have any money on me?"
    "Sorry man, I'm just almost out of gas"
    "Dude, I can see the fucking gas gauge from here, you have a quarter tank. Seriously, man, have you ever had any luck stopping people jogg-"

At this point I stopped myself, because here I am, 6'2", a skinny 170lbs, about to pass out from extertion as it is, talking shit to someone obviously crazy enough to stop people on the street in his car and ask for money. I quickly said "Look, no money, see ya" and ran off.

It was still a thing that pissed me off though.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

The beef dhansak I made isn't very good and I made enough for a good chunk of the week. It lacks the sweetness of what I usually order in restaurants. The balti vegetables are ok, but not great. I need a better indian cookbook.

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Dude you are my kinda guy. I love Cotswold. And when asparagus is in season, I eat it probably 5 nights a week. Totally overkill. SoCal probably owes me at least 3 pairs of shoes or something.

Kwik, you need to get to Germany during white asparagus season - I think early march. people go nuts over white asparagus, its thick around and lily white.

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

So I'm jogging today, for probably the first time in a month (at least). The heat index is ninety-five and I'm going up and down Tallahassee's considerable hills. I'm just starting up the hill that goes back to my house when some asshole in a pickup stops his truck in middle of the road and asks me for two bucks. I'm wearing board shorts and a t-shirt. I stop and pant out:...

Two recent panhandling stories:

I was driving in my car and I stop at a red light, which is next to a bus stop. A guy at the bus stop waves at me, so I think maybe he's telling me I have a flat tire or a light that's gone out or something. I roll down my window and he says, "Dude, can you give me three dollars? I'm real poor." I shake my head and roll up the window. This guy must be new to panhandling as I've never heard a panhandler say "I'm poor"; they usually have a more specific reason like "just lost my job", "got two babies to feed", etc. He was at a bus stop so he could've even tried "I need money for the bus".

Another incident happened to my girlfriend. She was walking to her car to get something and a guy with a blind man's walking stick walks toward her, tapping his stick around, and says "Excuse me, ma'am". Now how would a blind person know that she was a woman? So she just ignored him and came back inside. Impersonating a blind person is really low. This guy must've just started using that trick if he made such an amateur mistake.

Kwik, you need to get to Germany during white asparagus season - I think early march. people go nuts over white asparagus, its thick around and lily white.
    Netherlands too.

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^^^^
    this troll, especially his use of :drumroll: as if he thinks he/she/it is funny.

9. ysc

ysc Senior member

The beef dhansak I made isn't very good and I made enough for a good chunk of the week. It lacks the sweetness of what I usually order in restaurants. The balti vegetables are ok, but not great. I need a better indian cookbook.
    I had to reach to the top of my bookshelf to check this, which unleashed an avalanche of unstable books and totally pwned my laptop and I, but you might want to check out "Mahur Jaffrey's Indian Cookery" if you can find it. Some seagulls started having sex/fighting right outside my window at 6 this morning which made rather a lot of noise so I couldn't fucking sleep. The "T" on my keyboard just came of and I am pressing the little rubber blob under the key, which should helpt my essay writing no end.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Whiney, needy, high maintenance direct reports. Bothering me 20 times a day, over the same damn things that are completely meaningless, will not ingratiate you with me, make me think you are doing a good job, or wish to spend more time with you. I don't care how many times you ask me if I'm going to be at a function Wednesday night, my plans to be at an out of town conference have not fucking changed!

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Whiney, needy, high maintenance direct reports. Bothering me 20 times a day, over the same damn things that are completely meaningless, will not ingratiate you with me, make me think you are doing a good job, or wish to spend more time with you. I don't care how many times you ask me if I'm going to be at a function Wednesday night, my plans to be at an out of town conference have not fucking changed!
    You no likey when people suck up to you?!

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Condo dealings again--and people who do not understand the difference between weighting votes that are ranked (rate First through Fourth in order of preference) versus just "pick 3 out of the four candidates". Ugh.

And in the end, I don't care and just want the process to move on.

b

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Mneh. just mneh. I am not even interested in telling you how not-interested I am at the moment.

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I'm supposed to read a 19 page article titled "Gender as a vehicle for the subordination of women maquiladora workers in Mexico." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm supposed to read a 19 page article titled "Gender as a vehicle for the subordination of women maquiladora workers in Mexico." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had to read a paper on l'ecriture feminine called "The Laugh of the Medusa" that was positively dreadful. Whenever a prof would veer off into women's issues, or the feminine perspective of something, I turn off. I REALLY DON'T CARE!!!