1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

THink that was Biscotti. I am still waiting for him to register on Style Forum. He would get along well with the other Neanderthals on here.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There was a guy be tried to do a farmer blow but failed to where he had a bunch of mucuses hanging from his nostrils.

1 person likes this.
  3. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I just figured out that clicking the green arrow conversation thingy takes me to my last unread post on my computer. On my phone it automatically does this when I click on a thread so I was just reading my threads on my phone because I thought it was easier. Ugh, I am an idiot sometimes... [​IMG]

*noob alert*

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

In fairness, not everyone was fathered through incest and had his dwarf uncle stand trial for his murder

2 people like this.
  5. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

I told this women where she could print in the building for free. She said, "okay cool", and proceeded to the computer that required cash. The machine wouldn't accept her dollar bills.

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

I don't. The premise looks interesting, and I'm a Don Cheadle fan, but I've never given it a go.

Thanks, Piob.

And, yeah, it's pretty shitty. I can't even begin to understand this type of stuff, so I just use it of stuff as guidance on what not to do as a parent.

Yeah, the stories about my family, mostly my dad, have that effect on people.

7. Neo_Version 7

8. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Woke up to a stomach virus. Never has my insides felt so twisted as I puked.

9. Neo_Version 7

^ Hate to break it to you but that's not a stomach virus.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Whatever it was, it sucked.

11. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Damn I should have just gone home early.

Went out diving today and the tide picked up pretty quick. A wave caught me and smacked me around a reef and i ended up with a busted head and minor cuts all over my arm.
    Don't think the head will need stitches but I'm still pretty worked up about it.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

And they tell us sport is good for our bodies and souls..

13. APK

APK Senior member

I've covered this in a couple other threads, but I'm a couple months removed from walking away from a three-year relationship that was filled with a lot of baggage. She had two young kids, who I grew to love as my own. We lived together for a little over a year before she bought a house. It was always going to be just her name on the mortgage, but the future for us seemed so dim that I got my own apartment around the time she was closing. She was surprised, even though I'd talked to her a few times about thinking it might not be a good idea for us to make the move together.

We agreed that even if we split, it probably wasn't a great idea for me to just vanish from the kids' lives. The father of the children killed himself a few weeks after we moved in together, so they've already experienced a sudden parental loss. I was enjoying this arrangement until three weeks ago when I found out she was talking to someone from her work. He's a bit older than us (he's 43 and we're both 30), and is nearing the end of a year-long divorce from a near 20-year marriage and his two kids of his own (9 and 11). He makes a considerable amount of money, hence the drawn-out divorce. I know little about him, but it really sounds like he and she come from really different walks of life.

I know us not being together is probably the right thing in the long run, but it's the kids thing that has me really hung up here.

It's really bothering me is how quickly this new relationship is progressing. I expected them to see a lot of each other and hook up, but it seems like he spent most of the last couple of days with her and the kids, and I'm pretty sure he's been staying the night, too. I've inferred this last part because I've had to go a couple places where the main route takes me right past her street and I've seen his car in the driveway really early in the morning.

None of this would seem too quick if kids weren't involved, but it's barely been a month and she already has him staying overnight when the kids are there. I still seem them sporadically, but she tells me they still think of me as being part of the family. The 6-year-old girl includes me in drawings of the family, for instance. So while they're still too young to REALLY know what's going on, I just feel like it's irresponsible on her part to have him staying the night and being around the kids this early on. I would even think it'd be cool if he stayed the night, but got out of there before the kids were up, but I doubt that's what is happening. The girl has already had to deal with the sudden death of her father. Then I was gone. Now here's this guy. And who knows, it might get serious. But if it ends, that's just another loss the girl will have to deal with.

I know I can't intervene, but I find myself really uncomfortable with how quickly she's accelerating this new relationship. If it weren't for the kids, I'd just totally withdraw and do the no-contact thing. At this rate, I might have to do that, anyway. I just can't bear to watch this unfold so quickly.

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

tl;dr

BETA

2 people like this.
  15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

PK , just let it go...

16. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

In the end, she's the parent and not you. She's risking hurting her kids by bringing this new guy around so early, but there's nothing you can do about that whether you keep yourself involved or not. It's going to be painful for you to hang around this situation. You're going to have to extricate yourself from the family dynamic sooner or later, so given the context, you might as well start doing it now. Probably just pull a fade so that it's not so abrupt for the kids, but don't string it along.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Went to get the paper this morning and found a beehive has been started in the eves by my front door. Odds are good they're Africanized. I know how I'll be spending my Monday.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

And my ex ...
    But that sounds particularly hard and conflicting with your dad, who you can't really divorce and emotionally disengage from ...
    Sucks; sorry to hear you have to deal with it.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I get why it's a tricky situation, but this.

20. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

As I say, you're single until you're married...