1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

That's what the fire of Dutch Calvinism will do to you...

2. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Been in equity loan approval hell for months. We finally got approved for the full amount this past week, but it had taken them so long to check every box that their appraisal from three months ago expired and has to be redone.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

That would be a piss off...but congrats on approval.

Btw, who the fuck are you? I used to know a guy...

4. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Sorry, been busy with law school and preparing our house for the twins.

I'm frustrated because I don't know if the approval survives or if they really need to do another whole appraisal. We already started tearing the house apart.

5. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Trying to sell Adidas Yeezy's on eBay is incredibly frustrating. The amount of lowball messages is astounding, not to mention the person who won asked after winning if I wanted local pickup or paypal, and when I said paypal ignored me and didn't pay. Did he plan to mug me?

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Do the world a favour, set yourself and those sneakers on fire.

7. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Certainly you more than anyone can appreciate the virtue of making money off of stupid idiots who spend thousands of dollars on sneakers instead of, I don't know, ANYTHING else?

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Oh, so you went and got a real life? Son, I am disappoint!

Sounds like things are going well. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

In my community we celebrate St. Willibrord's Day (true Dutch saint). There's no reason this holiday shouldn't be a major festival like St. Patrick's Day. Except for discriminee I mean.

10. edinatlanta

I'd make a joke about this but I got no more funny Dutch Calvinism jokes. Actually, who am I kidding. All ya gotta do is look at the major tracts of Dutch Calvinism and you'll lol at it from a fundamental, dogmatic perspective (gets the audiences rolling in the aisles as it were)

1 person likes this.
  11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I think I ever so slightly fucked up my left shoulder by bench pressing.

12. L'Incandescent

Lot of times when I drink a brew from Starbuck there is tiny little corpuscles of grounded up coffee bean at the bottom of the cup I'm like "Umm, it's called a filter ever heard of it?"

13. L'Incandescent

Okay what the hell I just went to Starbuck (again) and the staff started badgering me about race. I said "venti coffee please" and they was like "How many times did you make love to a Indian or blake or fiery Latina? How come not more times have you got racism to you? Have you got ethnocentrism privilege?"

2 people like this.
  14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't look good in orange (wrongly completcted).

1 person likes this.
  15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Fucking Darude's Sandstorm started playing at the gym. Caused me to start cracking up and drop my weights mid-set. Almost crushed my toes.

16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Everybody listen up, Green Frog wants you all to know that he lifts weights.

4 people like this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I feel like one word in that sentence needs to be in air quotes. Not sure yet if it's "lifts" or "weights".

18. edinatlanta

The Bradford Pears are blooming like crazy and looking pretty as all get out. The problem is, they smell like shit and I have to walk past a ton of them every day.

19. L'Incandescent

I grew out my sideburns real long and cut them into the form of flames to send the message that I am "fired up" to perform my worktasks with excellence aforethought. Well just today I got a letter from the higher-ups turns out I got a demerit for "down-a-grading the integgerty of the workspace." I was like hey I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

3 people like this.
  20. sonick

sonick Senior member

Got royally fucked over in my rec league hockey playoff game tonight. We were up 1-0 in a best of 3 series.

The first game they were pretty chippy, especially since they were all large older white guys and we are mostly small Asian guys. We had to keep our heads up to avoid getting slashed or kneed despite it being a no-hitting tier. Despite that we still won 5-1 fairly easily. This game they played more cleanly, that is until the 3rd period and we were up 6-3.

They started running our goalie and caught up 6-5. They ran our goalie for a third time and few of our guys retaliated. The ref who was an obnoxious smart-mouth the entire game handed the opposing team a 5-on-3 power play with two minutes remaining. They ended up scoring two and we lost 7-6.

That's not the end of it, turns out the guy who scored the bulk of their goals tonight supposedly doesn't even play for their team and was brought in as a ringer. This could disqualify them from the game, but will be tough to prove.

They brought their wives and kids to watch the game, I hope they're fucking happy letting their kids and family watch them cheat their way to a win.