1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Apparently this is totally normal and everybody in the world just pays it as one of the many ways they let comcast anally penetrate them.

It is like when phone companies still had an extra monthly fee for "tone dialing"...

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Or cell phone carriers charging for SMS.

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I almost fell for that scam (yes, SCAM) when I moved into my new apartment. We switched our internet to my name since I could get the new resident discount. We were going to get the 100 mbps down internet package until I realized that for "just" $5 a month more, we could get ALL these extra channels. Naturally, I signed up for that internet + TV package.

Thought it was a no-brainer until I realized all those extra channels were SD. Bullshit. I cancelled before they sent the cable box and they verified I would just get the internet. Or, so I thought.

Couple days later, a big fat box arrives at my apartment. It's the fucking cable box I told them not to send me! On top of that, they tacked on a $25 one-time charge for installation / activation of the box. I had to ship that shit back to them (of course the only day and time I was available to was when it was pouring out and I got fucking soaked lugging that shit to UPS) and argue with them over the phone to remove the charge. I was about ready to safe keep the return receipt label at a bank just because I was expecting them to say they never got the cable box back and charge me some bullshit amount for the equipment.

The sheer incompetence of Comcast is nothing short of amazing. That they even have an SVP for Customer Service is laughable. What does that guy do all day when he sees their NPS and abysmal customer service rankings? What does he report to the CEO? Does the CEO just chuckle with him and applaud him for a job well done (business as usual)?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I imagine they laugh all the way to their vast piles of money, and then go buy hookers and blow to sooth the sting of poor reviews.

3 people like this.
  5. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Envelope full of glitter is the way to go.

1 person likes this.
  6. otc

otc Senior member

I think I might keep it and not even bother hooking up the cable box (uses fucking RCA cables...I can't even get my SD tv over HDMI...how do they even still sell boxes that don't have HDMI).
    I'm still getting double the internet speed and HBOGo for $10 a month (and my promo pricing is extended)...

The ridiculous part is that I can stream all these local channels in good quality on my HTPC...ditto for all of the shows on demand. If I didn't have an HTPC, I'd be stuck with some RCA-jack shit. Technically I get a bunch of basic cable channels included with the assessments in this building too...and its not like I ever watch those.

The bullshit scam part is that she never said anything about HD on the phone. Sure, it is my fault for assuming that my channels would be HD, but the fact that comcast didn't try to upsell me on the HD content means they were trying to slip this shit by me (when has comcast ever not tried to upsell you?).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Ebay really sucks. I bought jeans that were said NWT but they were fucking hemmed. Like the hem was lopped off and sewn back on after a small length was removed. The jeans didn't have the actual proper tags but only The booklet. The stupid plastic thing attached to the booklet breaks when i wear them for one hour. i uncovrr that they were hemmed and want to return.I get buyer to agree to take them back, I send them back and seller opens a case against me stating I removed tags. Ebay sided with the seller that I altered the jeans. now I am out about $80. I'm not going to send money to this douche to send back unusable jeans to me. Anyone ever file an appeal against ebay? I would think the fact that the jeans were fucking hemmed and the Original listing was invalid would supercede a fucking booklet plastic attachment? I don't even think a booklet counts as a fucking NWT...a fucki by hem job isn't NWT

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I don't buy on Ebay anymore...

Always problems..

9. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Bombed the shit out of my Public Speaking DSST. I had 10 minutes to prepare a 3-5 minute impromptu speech. I didn't really understand the topic, didn't care about it, and couldn't think of any points. Could talk for like 90 seconds before I said fuck it and shut it off. Going to take a speech class at a college instead.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Normally we all are quite good on SF to talk about useless topics...

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

What was the topic?

12. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

It's embarrassing to say, now that I have time to think about it there's some good points. It was, persuade an audience of college students on whether or not one year of national service should be mandatory. I wasn't sure if it meant military, or working for the government in general, etc. :facepalm: It was the last class I needed for my CCAF degree, which is about as useful as a piss on a forest fire, so I'm not too upset.

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It is to test your ability to develop an argumentation .

You could have also started with the different options around the concept of national service.

Some countries have civic national service .

You could have spoken about the different trends around the world .

European countries tend to opt now for a more professional small in numbers army when others countries need to enrol in mass in case of a conflict like Israel and so on.

You could have spoken about the cost and also the social impact of a national service on populations.

There is a massive debate in Europe about the return of a national service especially to respond to the need of a better social/ethnic cohesion despite the relative cost and the poor level of combat ability gained during that year.

It was a fascinating subject.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

you couild have taken the SF approach:

"listen, guys, there's a lot of riff raf out there that could use a bit of serving time. The smart ones, like all of us in the room, and the rich ones will always get out of service. I say why not implement this."

1 person likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

An audience of college students? Easy.

"Your whole life has been scripted for you by the 'rents and the 1% of society when you really have only wanted to follow your joy. A national program, FUNDED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, designed to let you follow your joy for an entire year! Etc."

99% would vote yes.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  16. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

When in doubt just start quoting the Ezekial 25:17 speech from Jules from Pulp Fiction.

17. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Here's the thing there are so many good songs out there that it's impossible to listen to them all to where some of them just go unlistened to. And so you can guess what I did I made a recording that "mashed together" all the songs I like. But the resultant song sounded like a bad sound. And so now I'm back to not listening to a lot of my favorite songs.

2 people like this.
  18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

L'inc, can you share the mashed song with us? please?

19. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

We did exactly that for the same reason. We got some SD boxc and it came with 5 channels, which is less than we get over the air, but it saved us $10/mo from just internet.

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Fuck all MVPDs... they can burn in hell.