1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Poor.

4 people like this.
  2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Ain't can't trust no man who ain't enjoy no Mac Donald's.

3. Harold falcon

McDowell's. The have the golden arches, I have the golden arch.

4 people like this.
  4. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    It's never worth returning a hamburger over doneness.

Hamburgers, even "gourmet" ones, are still hamburgers. They're ground meat with a bunch of stuff piled on top, not a choice cut of steak.

I'm willing to bet there's a strong positive correlation between likelihood of calling oneself a "foodie" and taking hamburgers seriously enough to even consider sending one back because it was sightly overcooked.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

and using kitchen lingo to front of house staff, who will promptly hate you.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I miss in-n-out. and krispy kreme.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I do not believe the later was being advocated.

1 person likes this.
  8. Harold falcon

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I'm no foodie: Ethan's post made me crave some McDonalds or Chik-Fil-A. With that being said, I just don't enjoy burgers cooked well done. I have asked for them to remake it before because I ordered it medium rare and it has come out well done. Maybe it makes me a dick, maybe they spit in it, but at least I get to enjoy my burger.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

FTFY

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I just had spicy pork bulgogi lunch (Korean nutriment). I don't have a super precise sense of how the pork is supposed to be cooked, so I just ate it up didn't even think twice about it.

2 people like this.
  12. otc

otc Senior member

Yeah--burgers aren't steak, but if they are using thick patties and fancy beef, they have to be done right.

If it came out super undercooked, I'd be tempted to send it back. I like color in my burger, but I have had a couple of burgers recently that came out what I would just call "rare". It can be hard to judge since one place's medium might be another place's medium-rare...but nobody is going to fault you for not wanting to eat raw meat if you didn't order it that way. I haven't sent one back yet...just remembered to order it one doneness level further if I go back.

On the overcooked side...I dunno. It would take more for me to return it. On one hand, if it was a good place with quality beef and toppings, it should still be good if a bit overdone. Kind of harsh to return something that still tastes pretty good for being a few degrees too hot.
    On the other hand if you went to a place known for their fancy burgers specifically to cross that burger off your list, and they came out with a burnt chunk of beef? That sucks and is going to ruin your meal.

I'd probably cut it in half and take a bite from the center...if its really super dry and just not good (and cost $15 or more), I'd probably be willing to send it back. And at that point, you've got the other half, sliced cleanly through the center, showing an obviously overcooked burger.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't want to be a douchebag but if they ask me how I like my burger and I say medium rare and I get a burger that's completely grey and mealyl from end to end.. I'm not a douche enough to return a burger for being medium instead of medium rare... It's like what's the point of the question and I also don't see the point of paying for good beef only to have it cooked to shit. Fries come almost black. It's just a shame. The beef was good and fatty enough that it was ok even if completely grey. I could get that shit at Burger King for half the price

I mean have you never had super overcooked meat before that you had to pay for? You would never return it no matter what even if you're paying for the skills of a professional cook?

Also I said refire cuz piob said it... Jesus Christ styleforum. Nitpicking at everything. Can't a guy complain about something once in awhile and receive some love and support

1 person likes this.
  14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

As I said, context dependent. Fancy burger joint with fancy meat and it's way overcooked? I probably will ask for a refire. Five Guys or In/Out? You take the slop they give you because that's the deal.

Hey, ol' Piob had yer back. :inlove:

1 person likes this.
  15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

When ever i order a burger and the waitress is hot, I ask for it Nyotaimori style and they always come back and say "call me later".

2 people like this.
  16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

If the waiter / waitress goes so far as to ask me how I'd like it cooked and I request medium-rare and it come back well-done, you can bet yo ass I'ma send that shit back. I feel like this "I'm going to spit in your food because you sent it back" sentiment is overblown and happens far less often than one would think.

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

My upstairs neighbor is listening to terrible music at a loud volume.

18. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

That sux.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

So far I've been able to identify Ice, Ice Baby and a Bruno Mars song.

20. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

New neighbors of mine tried that a few months ago. That Sat and Sunday starting at 7:30am, I was playing music. Loud.. Dude even knocked on my door. I didn't answer.