1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Goddammit I have been discriminated. I just filled out a "climate of tolerance" survey for my profession basically just answering questions about which "marginalized groups" I belong to and whether I've suffered professional setbacks on account of said membership of group. Well imagine my dismay when I get to the question about sexuality. They got a whole panoply of choices such as "heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual." Well this so-called list of options left off the category I identify with, which is Dutchsexual means I am attracted to people of any gender, cis or trans, as long as they are Dutch or of Dutch extraction. I feel like my very existence has been erased how ironic that it was part of a "climate of tolerance" survey!

3 people like this.
  2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

you say this like it's a bad thing.

2 people like this.
  3. L'Incandescent

Do you make a brandy old-fashioned sour the same way in Penna (with Squirt brand soda)?

1 person likes this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

and korbel brandy

1 person likes this.
  5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Are you talkin' shit about Squirt?

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I would not use Squirt. Were I to make a brandy old-fashioned sour I suspect I would use A-Treat Lemon Soda.

[​IMG]

EDIT - Sadly, I just read that A-Treat closed down last month after nearly 100 years of operation.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. MrG

MrG Senior member

An old friend's mother died on Sunday. It's sad because death usually is, and it means my friend's children will never really know their grandmother (they're pretty young). However, she'd been in terrible health for a few years, and she was 70, so it's not as if a young woman was taken in her prime.

What pisses me off is that the funeral is Friday, and I'd like to go support my friend, but there's absolutely no way I can make it happen. I know my presence isn't critical to my friend's grieving or anything, but I wish I could go, just to be there for her.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I just ate a great lunch of braised beef with rice and a honeycrisp apple. Now I need to take a leisurely shit. BUT I have an interview in 26 minutes!

:fu:

2 people like this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Sorry to hear you can't make it to support your friend day of but there's always down the road, first b-day with her gone, etc.

1 person likes this.
  10. L'Incandescent

I am decked out in lots of pink today, including shirt, tie, and socks. I was planning to wear my glasses today on account of I read a little better with them than with my contact lenses. But at the last minute I decided that all the pink didn't look good with my glasses, so I put in my contacts. Now I am struggling to read the printed word.

Also, my tie is by Paul Smith, but for reasons that some of you will understand straightaway, I have a strong habit of to say "Paul Reed Smith."

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

Okay so I've got a cut on the back of my hand and whenever I reach into my document bag (or whatever that thing is called it is leather and you put documents and such in it), I reopen the cut to where I start bleeding like a bantchee.

1 person likes this.
  12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Watch out for staph infections

13. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

The delivery guy is late with my Loake shoes that they didnt drop off yesterday because of c o d. Couple that with the fact that I got a second pair of crappy Allen Edmonds that I have to return (toe caps on my lefts keep being crooked). It has not been a good shoe day (or month to be more precise)

*sigh*

I feel a little better

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You need to take better care of yourself as you're a national treasure and we cannot afford to lose you. If you won't think of yourself at least think of us.

1 person likes this.
  15. L'Incandescent

That's a good point never thought of it that way hehehe.

16. L'Incandescent

When I feel upset about shoe delivery mishaps and captoes and such like I just turn to my faith tradition (Dutch Calvanous) and serenity returns into my mindspace straightaway.

17. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I'm doing some breathing exercises because I can feel the blood pressure rising... I've been sitting around waiting to do errands for 4 hours now. They are 45 min past their "window"

*breathe*

2 people like this.
  18. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

You're talking to linc, so I think you mean staff infections.

19. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I had that happened with the FIOS guy a couple weeks ago. They showed up four hours late. I could have gotten away with an extended lunch break, but missing a whole afternoon means I gotta take leave. What stupid bullshit. And you know they'd leave in five minutes if you weren't there when they show up.

20. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Finally sitting in my new pair of Loakes. I like them. $150 less than the Allen Edmonds and none of the bs. Hard to believe these traveled 3900 miles and the stupid Allen Edmonds factory is like 30 miles away.

I feel (and look) much better

1 person likes this.