• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I'm in a real dilemma. The nearest all-around gym is .7 miles away, but there's a crossfit place only .2 miles away. Considering I have to get to the gym by foot, I may have to become a crossfitter, which is a distinction I've been pretty keen to avoid. If I get the gym membership at the normal place, I just know I'll end up not using it as much as I need to because I'll be too lazy to make the trek. But again, the place near me is for CROSSFIT, which seems to be the preferred exercise routine of people who high five each other without irony. On the bright side, I'll likely get in ******* awesome shape. On the not so bright side again, I'm gonna be pissed if good health and muscle mass causes a suit to no longer fit.

Wut.
To.
Du.
?.

There does not exist a scenario here where you do not get pissed off, as getting pissed off, is simply what you do.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are only a few things worse than being a styleforumer. One of them is being a crossfitter

Would this be a case where a double negative could equal a positive?

Where the **** do you live that people talk like this? It's a recurring theme of yours... seems you reside somewhere the locals do not consistently speak English.

Le Inc lives in his own head. He is also awesome.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Where the **** do you live that people talk like this? It's a recurring theme of yours... seems you reside somewhere the locals do not consistently speak English.

The people who took my order at Smashburger were not native English speakers.

As regards "panties" (word I dislike so I try to neutralize it by putting it between quotation marks), there is significant variation, both by region and by generation, in the pronunciation of the letter a. I try to capture those differences by writing letters into the comment box (no audio component of SF). If your pronunciation of the letter is different than mine, then you probably won't make sense of my alternate spellings. (I say the letter a in something like the way a native Wisconsinite who hasn't lived there for fifteen years would say it.) When I write "ah" I mean something like the a in "father." When I write "uh" I mean an ugly sound made by young people whose parents are academics or artists of some sort.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my wife and i made the mistake of buying halloween candy early, and also buying stuff we like.

watching the extremely stressful/entertaining world series game the bag of hershey's chocolates with almonds was open within the 2nd inning and half the bag was gone before the 7th inning stretch.

Made that mistake last year :happy: We're going to wait until like 4pm on Halloween this year, I have no self control around candy. I just don't buy the stuff, it's impossible to resist.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As regards "panties" (word I dislike so I try to neutralize it by putting it between quotation marks), there is significant variation, both by region and by generation, in the pronunciation of the letter a. I try to capture those differences by writing letters into the comment box (no audio component of SF). If your pronunciation of the letter is different than mine, then you probably won't make sense of my alternate spellings. (I say the letter a in something like the way a native Wisconsinite who hasn't lived there for fifteen years would say it.) When I write "ah" I mean something like the a in "father." When I write "uh" I mean an ugly sound made by young people whose parents are academics or artists of some sort.

So, you're getting your panties in a bunch over panties?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Here's another thing just occurred to me: today on the airplane, there were some women a row behind me talking about panties. I hate the goddamn word "panties." Some people pronounce it as "pahnties," and others pronounce it more like "puhnties." But ain't matter how anyone pronounces it, I hate the word and don't want to hear people saying it.

I prefer to call them "gift wrappers." Been saying that for awhile now.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Onetwobit

Reaction score
People in the office who talk about nothing but football. Literally, NOTHING. I like football. In fact, I love football, but please shut the...

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could not find cocktail glasses at a Walmart the other day; however, they did have machetes so I bought 3 of them. I thought I was able to cut down trees with them but I found out I only cut down weeds.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Frances Ha, I didn't go to the trouble of illegally downloading you so that you could display a media player error on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads