• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i was so tired when i pulled into the garage this morning. i just needed to rest my eyes.

i laid back in the car and set my phone alarm.

this was at 10:02. set alarm for 10:17.

phone rings at 10:22.

was my boss.

where are you?

i lie about whereabouts.

get out of car.

check phone to see wtf

alarm was set for PM.

could have been a reeeeeaaaaaaally long nap.

:fu:

That is why we have 0-24 clocks in Europe, no you just need to figure out how much easier the metric system is.

Why do old people tell stories, where they offer you no context, the story is not interesting and they interrupt whatever you were doing to tell it to you. They also ignore all hints which suggest you dont want to hear a boring story, which might not have been boring if you knew WTF the story was about.

When I am old, if I want to tell people stupid stories, I will understand that it requires paying for an expensive dinner and buying good drinks.

I meet an old lady EVERY evening when I'm out walking the dog and she just doesn't shut the **** up with her inane stories and she can go on for over week, with the same ****.

I seriously want to punch her sometimes.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hah, and they always seem to corner you in a way where any escape attempt you make would come off as incredibly rude. Also, everyone around you makes a wide arc when passing so they don't get stuck being talked to by the same person, because she probably corners them at other times of the day.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, I live next to one of these old ladies. I'll be holding 1000 pounds of groceries sweating bullets on a 90 degree day and she will stop me because she has to tell me over and over again about how much water she gets in her basement whenever it rains. She has a house sandwiched between my condo building and another. She refused to sell to the developer.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hah, and they always seem to corner you in a way where any escape attempt you make would come off as incredibly rude. Also, everyone around you makes a wide arc when passing so they don't get stuck being talked to by the same person, because she probably corners them at other times of the day.

People turn around and walk in the other direction when they see her at this point, I think I'm the only one polite enough just to let her bang on (she's 84).

The worst part is everything she says is negative.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People turn around and walk in the other direction when they see her at this point, I think I'm the only one polite enough just to let her bang on (she's 84).

So that's what you kids are calling it nowadays.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a fairly normal british saying, for people who just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep talking.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that in Internet conversations (and real life) I have begun making extensive use of parenthetical statements (a la Mr. Link Can Doesn't). I've noticed people derive much pleasure (mirth) out of them and I feel that I am living a lie (by mimicking) and hate myself more.
Changes in speech patterns, especially those resulting in more complexity, have been linked to Alzheimers.

Not joking.

edit: original study http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun_Study

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edina needn't worry about Alzheimer's. to lose your mental faculties, you have to possess them first

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a fairly normal british saying, for people who just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep talking.

British people also say "bangers and mash." Clearly they (as a people) have the thought of "banging" in the forefront of their consciousness.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

British people also say "bangers and mash." Clearly they (as a people) have the thought of "banging" in the forefront of their consciousness.

I think it is because if you are not really paying attention to the person talking it just sounds like a ball peen hammer hitting a steel slab table.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to start running regularly again but since I'm already at my goal weight, I have no motivation to start whatsoever.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my meals for the week. Not sure where I miscalculated but I made more lentils than fit in my tupperware. I have to eat two dinners tonight. Probably a good thing though, I've been getting a lot of accidental exercise and probably been eating less than I should be.

Because I'm sick of lentils.

Which is pretty much all I eat.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After a stressful and long week need to attend a work related banquet tonight. Both Saturday and Sunday nights on weekend of 10/25. One on Wednesday 11/6 and Saturday 11/9.

I ******* hate the banquet circuit.
I had to attend one last Saturday evening, last night, and I have one tonight. I know how you feel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics