1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

It does suck, GF, but, no, there will be no confrontation. There's no way that would end well. I'm well regarded around here, and my boss has mentioned how much he is impressed by my ability to handle stress. Even if someone is convinced I screwed up (I didn't), this isn't going to undermine the prevailing positive opinion of me, and a confrontation, even a low-key one would do more harm to my reputation than good.

I replied to the email yesterday and copied everyone. In it, I politely reminded her that I'd already spoken with her and the other affected people, that it is beyond my control, and laid out again what I was doing to address the issue. I also happened to have found a workaround that morning by working with another colleague, and I explained that this should solve our issue. Then I made it work and gave her the documents yesterday afternoon.

As for today, the person who gave me the issue is someone I get along with well, and she understood what was going on. I get the impression she was just trying to let me know something had been said, so I thanked her for her thoughtfulness and said I didn't intend to make a big deal about it.

Going forward, I consider it a dead issue, but you better believe I'll be meticulous about documenting everything I can with that AA.

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have one of those pimples all up in the folds of my ear and I can't stop poking at it.

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Cool, yeah, 'confront' was the wrong word to use. Was basically curious how you replied / responded to her.

I guess all you need to do now is slap her in the face with your cawk to assert dominance :teach:

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This shit bugs the hell out of me. Especially when I get yelled at from some executive for not having something in time when I am waiting on somebody else to do do something for me in a department that also reports to that person.

My boss had a huge meeting recently over something similar to what you're going through with a bunch of mucky mucks. It was awesome he threw all of these douchebags under the bus who were complaining to their boss, when the real issue was some other douchebag that reported to the same guy.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There is one suit I own of which the buttoning point is higher than all of my other suits. (It is brand of Armani, no it is not MANI don't even get me started). If I reach for the button without looking, I am in danger of buttoning the lower button, to where I would look like a idiot. And so I have to exercise unusual care.

6. patrickBOOTH

Update about my dick:
    Went to the dermatologist today and he said it just seems like contact dermatitis from a possible soap, or detergent change (both of which I have done recently). He gave me some dick cream and said to call him if it doesn't go away.

7. patrickBOOTH

It is a two button suit?

8. L'Incandescent

There are eleven buttons total if you count the sleeves and also the interior pocket. Two of the eleven buttons appear at the front of the jacket in a position of one above the other.

9. patrickBOOTH

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Does it come with glove pockets?

11. L'Incandescent

The answer is no it does not come with glove pockets. I think that basically just exhibits the decline of the Armani brand cannot even be bothered to include such a manatee.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

This is CE shit, but pissing me off: protesters who blockade traffic. Some libtards decided to handcuff themselves to 1,200 lb drums of concrete on I93 inbound to Boston. Several ambulances were diverted away because they could not get through the traffic.

They were protesting police violence against black people. How does this achieve anything? They posted on their FB page, saying they were aiming to "disrupt business as usual."

:facepalm:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

There has been a guy outside my building the last few days yelling about data privacy in the same tone the apocalypse people use. What's up with that?

14. patrickBOOTH

People needa getta life.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

:nodding:

16. L'Incandescent

Premise 1: We need to do something about police violence.
    Premise 2: Blocking the road is "something."

Conclusion: Therefore, we should block the road.

QED.

3 people like this.
  17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It's better than:

We protest against Police's violence

Action:Let's attack the Police.

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Coconut oil?

1 person likes this.
  19. patrickBOOTH