1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I can't fathom how much people are getting caught in that shopping frenzy.

Boxing day sales in Folkestone are ghastly...

A pile of tat sold half price based as per L'Inc's essay on a complete manipulated price and they all spend their cash..

2. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

I believe that coach salaries are often paid from by boosters or from endorsements. Here's an old article about it that I don't think is outdated.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122853304793584959

I don't know how it works everywhere but I know that the coach at my alma mater was primarily paid with a "talent fee" provided by the team's apparel provider.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Let's CE this shit by saying two words:

JERRRRRYYYY SANDUSKKKYYYYYY

4. otc

otc Senior member

The only problem with that article us that they are cherry picking power programs with either lots of profits or big donors like Phil Knight (I read a book about college football recently that joked that Oregon and Oklahoma State are "the only two college teams with owners").

The reality of the situation is that most athletic departments receive some funding from the university. If something crazy happened (a scandal perhaps) and Alabama suddenly lost a bunch of donations or lost their ESPN revenue, they would still be on the hook to pay Saban with university money. Even if they fire him, they still have to pay millions according to his contract.

But again, my problem is not with the Alabamas of the world. They generate the revenue necessary for a 5 million dollar coach..and they were generating it before they hired him. There are a bunch of other schools that throw money at their money losing programs in desperate hope that they turn around and lead to an overall profitable athletic program. It is Washington state digging deep to bring in Mike Leach and rebuild all of their facilities. It might pay off for them (the renegotiated TV contracts for the PAC-10 were good for them), but I am not sure it fits with a university's mission to be making speculative investments in what is essentially a minor league football team.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Saban makes over 7 mil/year.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Hey gaiz...so how much do the athletes make? :stirpot:

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

pissing shit water out my asshole

3 people like this.
  8. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Pics by request.

1 person likes this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Had a few work calls on my cell today. Going into the office for half a day tomorrow.

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

gained 10 pounds since the start of december. ah, alcohol, what have you done to me?

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I was actually very good this holiday season (though I might be speaking too soon because of NYE). If anything would do me in though; it'd be all the desserts, cookies, pastries, cupcakes, etc. :foo:

1 person likes this.
  12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I'm pretty sure I lost my rosary. I've checked a few of my bags--no dice--and I have no idea where else it could be. Its particularly upsetting because my dad got it for me for my confirmation and its a replica of the one Pope John Paul II used.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm in a predicament. My lips are chapped, but if I put chap of stick on them it interferes with the enjoyment of my coffee. Coffee without chap of stick makes my lips worse. What's a guy to do?

1 person likes this.
  14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Get your caffeine from Diet Dew instead.

15. patrickBOOTH

My uncle drinks like 3 liters of that shit daily. Coffee through a straw sounds like a bad idea.

16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have a bunch being delivered to the office today. It's my lifeblood.

17. patrickBOOTH

Are you also 400 lbs like my uncle?

18. tropics

tropics Senior member

drink it through a straw.

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Absolutely not.

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Christmas parties kill me. Go to ten different parties and every one of them has to have a giant spread of super rich food and cookies. And booze, to reduce my self-control for eating said food.

Throw in being sick and generally tired (thanks time change!) and my activity level has gone down. That + more food = not good.